Worship Bass
September 23, 2017, 07:39:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We get to open for Apologetix  (Read 1875 times)
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

What doesn't kill you will learn from its errors..

« on: February 03, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »

Though it is still 8 months away, I am bustin', and gotta tell some folks...

On September 16, we (Cry of Stones, that is) get to open for one of my favorite bands: Apologetix!

They are a Christian parody band (Weird Al meets Billy Graham)... their lyrics run from hilarious to profound, and thought provoking. They have awesome chops and put on a great show. And they are just really great guys. Got most (I am working on it) of their CDs, and I've seen them live twice. I am uber-pumped.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled surfing...

Bobby
My other Bass is a Tuba...
Bassist for "Cry of Stones"
www.myspace.com/cryofstones

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
Child of God

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »

Have fun Bobby!  And remember to Give Him the glory and thank him for all the fun you'll be having!

Carl

(Woo Hoo!  I just made my 100th post!  Thank You Lord!)

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

What doesn't kill you will learn from its errors..

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »

Have fun Bobby!  And remember to Give Him the glory and thank him for all the fun you'll be having!

Carl

(Woo Hoo!  I just made my 100th post!  Thank You Lord!)

Always, Brother!  We know God has big things in store for us!  Those big things may be playing lock-ins and church basements, and if that is His will, then that is what we are gonna do. We love it.  Now, if the big things include bigger shows and bigger venues, that works for us too Wink ...  we just want to be in His will...

(and congrats on #100)

Bobby
My other Bass is a Tuba...
Bassist for "Cry of Stones"
www.myspace.com/cryofstones

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: