Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:10:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from South Carolina  (Read 2800 times)
tjone781

« on: February 18, 2011, 11:17:07 PM »

Praise the Lord that this site exists.

Although I have "known" Christ for a while now, it is not until recently that my eyes have been opened to who Christ is. I do not think I understood how radical and outspoken Jesus was. I did not see that my mindset of going to church in my suit so that I could be blessed, and singing hymns so that I could be "correct" was worldly. However, while studying Matthew for our Bible Study, the Holy Spirit showed me a totally different Jesus than I ever thought was possible. He had compassion on sinners! Hurting people were drawn to Him! He was not steeped in tradition! It was mind-blowing! I cannot believe how freeing that was! We are truly blessed to serve such an incredible God. Blessed because He was cursed for my transgressions. Wow.

Anyway, I am very glad that there is a site that I can share with people who are passionate about two things that I am: God and bass. Thank you, I am honored to be in the midst of such talent and Biblical wisdom.

I play a 4 string Samick Delta, 7/8 Samuel Shen Willow Double Bass, 4 string Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic/electric, and I am working on transforming a Squier Jazz Deluxe 5 into an Orchid-ish fret-less 5 (I enjoy creatively frustrating myself). And I play all of that with my small Fender Rumble 75 amp (I know, I know, it's sad).

God bless each of you, keep growing closer to Jesus.

Alex
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »

Hello Alex and welcome to worship bass.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »

Welcome aboard Alex. Great to have you with us.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Swamp Ash

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »

Welcome, Alex.  Where in SC? I am also in SC.
--John
tank

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 05:48:51 PM »

Welcome Alex !!!!! Cheesy
This forum is like an oasis in the desert of the web.  Even if nobody is on it at the time you are,  you can pick up quite a bit of info here.  Dave's daily Bible verses are something I go to every time I get on,  and it brings back things that I may have forgotten over the years or just that I may have read and just didn't get at the time.  There is also a lot of knowledge that is held in the minds of the folks here.  You have a question on anything related to the bass or Christ,  I'm sure that somebody here can help you.  And one of the best things about this forum is that we are not afraid to ask for prayer from our friends here and we are more than willing to lift up our friends and their families to The Lord in prayer also.

Tank

Walk by Faith
tjone781

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »

Thank you all. John, I'm in the Upstate. Greenville/Spartanburg. Where are you in SC?
Child of God

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 06:58:40 AM »

Welcome Alex!  And praise God for allowing your eyes & heart to be opened to a new level in your relationship with Him! 

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: