Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 10:40:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Western Kentucky!  (Read 2220 times)
papa2cool

« on: May 07, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »

Hi everyone.  I have just found this site and love it!  I am a new bassist, in fact, my pastor is teaching me to play and I am loving it!  It is something that I have always wanted to do, but, being a lefty, it is sometimes hard for people to teach me how to do some things.  God is helping me to learn and I am very excited to be able to do this for Christ.  We have a regular bass player at church, so I will be the fill-in, but that's ok with me!  I look forward to fellowshipping with everyone here and learning a lot at the same time.

BTW, I am a 57 year old male, married with 3 kids and 4 grandkids! Cheesy
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:56:49 PM »

Welcome papa2cool. Congrats on picking up the bass. Great choice.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Child of God

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 06:54:51 AM »

Hello papa2cool and welcome!

This is a really good forum for the bassist who wants to use his or her skills in worshiping our Lord.  I'm sure you'll find it quite useful, not to mention uplifting as well!

God Bless!
Carl
(aka Child of God)

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
papa2cool

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!  I think I will learn a lot here.  I enjoy reading all the past posts.  It's a good way to learn.

Papa2cool
fretlessguy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »

Welcome to the site and to the world of the bass guitar. You will find alot of neat folks here who will help you in any way. You picked a cool instrument, and show that you can learn to play an instrument at any age. Have fun!

...and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16B
tank

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 05:21:19 PM »

Welcome papa!!!!!!!!
It's never too late to learn to play for the Lord!!!!! Grin

Walk by Faith
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: