Worship Bass
September 23, 2017, 07:26:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What amp setups do you use on stage?  (Read 6507 times)
brianmharrison

« on: July 01, 2011, 08:03:48 AM »

I was wondering what everyone was using for their stage rig?

I don't currently play anywhere but if I did I would be using:
Prefender SWR Bass 350 into a single 4 ohm Avatar 2x10 Neo cab.

Is anyone running anything similar?
Child of God

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:59:54 AM »

I'm using the old Carvin 1000w Redeye Stack -- 4x10 + HF horn and 1x18.  Plenty of overhead!  Our church is pretty small, average attendance just under 100, so you can imagine the power levels are not very high. 

In the near future I'm really looking hard at a Hartke VX3500 Combo - 350w, 4x10 + HF horn.  Gonna keep it here at the house and it'll serve as the "portable" amp when needed. 

On another note ... I just purchased a Hammond L-112!  I'm trying to find a "line out" kit for it -- both 1/4in and XLR if possible.  Anyone have any ideas?

Have agreat and safe 4th of July!

God Bless!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
dano

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »

I use a Yorkville XS400 combo for some gigs and my Fender Bassman 100 for the smaller gigs. Most of the time I go direct and use my SansAmp PBDDI. I am thinking of upgrading my amps so I am looking forward to the replies on this topic.
Swamp Ash

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

I play three services every Sunday.  At the first, a large Baptist church, I play through the house system using a Hartke Bass Attack pre-amp as a DI.  This pa incorporates two 18" subs under the stage.  Then I travel to my home church, a fairly small (100 member) Presbyterian church.  There I use an old mid-sixties Kustom 100 with a 2-12 cabinet.  Aside from a low level hiss, this antique is a really sweet amp and my favorite of all I use.  Then I play the six o'clock service at a small non-denominational church.  I use a Galien-Kruger
Backline 600 through an Ampeg 4-10 cabinet.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:23:56 AM »

I’ve been using the Genz Benz Shuttle amps for the past few years since they became available. At church I have the 6.0-12T combo and my gigging amp at home is the 3.0-10T.  I have used the smaller amp in the sanctuary and it actually does a very credible job.

As I have some lower back issues the lightweight Shuttles are a real blessing and perform exceptionally well with  my G&L L2K and L25K.

Since I’m not in the house system, I cover a room that seats around 400.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

What doesn't kill you will learn from its errors..

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 07:28:46 AM »

At church, I have my Ashdown EB-180 15" combo DI'd into the house... I use the combo as stage monitor.

With my band, I use a Hartke LH500 head and a SWR Goliath III 4x10.  Works pretty well.

Bobby
My other Bass is a Tuba...
Bassist for "Cry of Stones"
www.myspace.com/cryofstones

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
1954bassman

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 11:26:40 AM »

When I use an Amp - Eden WT330/110 combo with an Eden D112XLT under it.

Bass with Grace
chrisfbass

Fivers and Worship Just Go Together!

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »

I bet that Eden sounds real weighty and nice!

Chris
tank

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »

At Sunday Worship I DI through the church's Fender Rumble Bass 150 to the FOH system.  With my band I DI through my Hartke A100 combo amp into the FOH system.  At the church our sound people do a really nice job of getting things lined out and sounding good so that we have no complaints of being too loud.  When my band plays we run our own sound and have been doing it for about 5 years so we pretty much know our initial settings and just have to tweak things for the venue we're in.

Walk by Faith
1954bassman

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 07:32:13 PM »

I bet that Eden sounds real weighty and nice!

Love my Eden> Good to see another Edenite around these parts. I play ampless at church and run through an Eden WTDI  Grin

Bass with Grace
LowDon

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »

We went completely away from amps on stage several years ago.  I use a Demeter Preamp going direct to house.  We hear our own personal mix through the SamePage system by Coravlus.  We get PDF files of the music on the tablet computer and we also have a 16 channel personal mixer to hear whatever we want through the same tablet computer.  If your church has not checked these out you should.  They are a bit pricey but very cool.  I use MAudio 20Xb in ear monitors.
Freakbassman

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 04:38:24 AM »

Hi Brian. The amp to use is the one that sounds good to you. For years I've used fender, Acoustic,Traynor, Ampeg and others. I found an amp maker that doesn't seem to be used much by others. It sounds great to me and other musicians say they love it too. The maker is Roland. I switched to the d-bass 210 model instead of using a 15". I's 400 watts. It weighs only 52 lbs. It has a direct out. It allows 2 signals at be played at the same time ie: straight bass through 1- 10" and your pedal board through the other 10". You can blend the signals or use just one at a time. I use the Roland GT-10B for effects. I have fibromyalgia so I can't lift a G&K. Marshall or other amps like Harke. The Roland has wheels to move it and you can take the wheels at the back off to tilt it up a bit to hear yourself better.Yes they were a bit pricey: $1400 but it is worth it.  They make a powered 15" cab that can be used as another amp or be doulbled up with the 210 as a 2 way system. Unfortunately Roland stop making them last year because they wanted to concentrate on their smaller 100 watt model line. If you see one of the Roland d-bass amps, take you axe and try it out. You may just be pleasantly surprised.
54bassman

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 09:56:23 PM »

I used to play through a Roland Cube (60?) and I thought it sounded really good. Was a long time ago, and the amp belonged to another band member.

The older I get, the less I knew
spiritbass

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 11:46:46 AM »

Our sanctuary is quite small and I don't go through the mains. My current rig is my hands-down favorite: Mesa Walkabout powering a Baer ML-112. Those Shuttle amps are nice. I used to power a MojoSonic 110T with a 6.0 and was very impressed with the combination...

Ken

Those who have seen the light can walk in the dark.
Swamp Ash

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »

At two of the churches I play, I use my Alembic Orion through a Hartke Bass Attack pre-amp directly into the PA's, both with 18 subs.  At the third church I use my Ethereal jazz (passive) through an older Peavey 15" combo and adding my Ampeg 4-10 cabinet for 1-15 and 4-10's.  It's a small sanctuary, but I need all this to keep up with the leader/guitarist who likes a "large presence" (he likes to play loud).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: