Worship Bass
September 23, 2017, 07:29:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: advice for which bass  (Read 1505 times)
samwise

« on: August 20, 2011, 11:57:14 AM »

I need advice on getting a bass & hoping for opinions from ya'll on what you think might work best in an all around situation when it comes to praise band. I'm not new to bass & I have had many basses over the years. I know I want to go with a 4 or 5 string, had a 6 & 8 string before & they're not my style. Love fretless leaning that way but have thoughts of an electric upright, just like a fretless that you can bow & I hear a lot of bass links that could be bowed. Last but not least the fretted which is great for all the great technics there are & not as much concern with intonation. So here is my quandary what are your thoughts right at the moment I don't have a bass so I took a year off ala mike stern & I'm just thinking.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:34:26 PM »

I need advice on getting a bass & hoping for opinions from ya'll on what you think might work best in an all around situation when it comes to praise band. I'm not new to bass & I have had many basses over the years. I know I want to go with a 4 or 5 string, had a 6 & 8 string before & they're not my style. Love fretless leaning that way but have thoughts of an electric upright, just like a fretless that you can bow & I hear a lot of bass links that could be bowed. Last but not least the fretted which is great for all the great technics there are & not as much concern with intonation. So here is my quandary what are your thoughts right at the moment I don't have a bass so I took a year off ala mike stern & I'm just thinking.
Goodness, there are choices, choices and more choices.

I have settled on G&L instruments for my four and five strings basses. The L2000 and L2500.  They are extremely versatile in achieving many different tones for many different styles. However, there are lots of choices that may get you to the place you hear in your head. (One tone doesn’t fit all.) Everyone hears something different.

Next, if your intonation is fairly good, you may enjoy a fretless.  Even though I played upright in high school, years later, the fretless didn’t work well for me after 8 months of trying.

Take time in your quest and I’m sure you will find that special bass that fits your hand and that will be pleasing to your ears.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: