Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from the UK  (Read 1438 times)
taizétime

« on: October 30, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »

Hi folks,

Stumbled across the site a few weeks ago, and it seems such a warm, friendly place I thought I had to join.

I've been teaching myself bass for a few years, but not getting very far with it. Just started lessons with a guy in London, who seems awesome, so things should progress.

I'm part of the folk group at St Teresa's Catholic Church in Morden - a really vibrant church made up of people who have come to the capital from all parts of the world. I only sing at the moment, but hope to play bass when I improve a bit.

Looking forward to being part of the Worship Bass community - I'm sure I'll learn a lot from everyone here.

Warm wishes everyone!

Dave

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:08:50 AM by taizétime » Logged
tank

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »

Cheesy Welcome Dave,   This site may be a little slow at times, but I'll guarantee you won't run into a nicer bunch of folks that are willing to share what they know,  whether it be about playing bass or the Word of Christ!  Hope you enjoy!!!!

Walk by Faith
Child of God

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:06:22 AM »

Welcome Dave! 

I love it when people just want to worship the Lord!  Keep moving forward in that endeavor!  Afterall, that is why He created us -- to bring Him glory!

As for bass playing, just remember to practice tempos and rythyms.  Then, get to know (both musically and personally) the drummer you'll be with.  Once the two of you lock in and start thinking the same, it's amazing what the rest of the worship team can do!

God Bless!
Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
chrisfbass

Fivers and Worship Just Go Together!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »

Hi Dave - there's a few Brits here too.
Lots of good stuff buried in the threads even if they are a year or two old.
I worship a Gold Hill BC in Chalfont St Peter, west of London - just around the M25 from you. Glad to have you aboard.

Chris
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:03:50 PM »

Hello Dave

Welcome to Worship Bass. We are all happy that you are now part of our family and we are looking foward to getting to know you better.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
taizétime

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 07:11:07 AM »

Hi Dave, Carl, Chris and Tank,

Thanks for the kind welcomes. Looking forward to getting more involved in the forum.

Chris - glad to hear from a fellow Brit too. Will be good to keep in touch - I need all the bass help I can get!

All the best guys,

Dave
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: