Worship Bass
November 22, 2017, 10:12:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Most Important Effect  (Read 1962 times)
TheJesusNormalGuy

« on: December 29, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »

Not considering a compressor, what is the single most important effect that you use in a worship service?
Swamp Ash

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »

sub-woofers
Child of God

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »

A little overdrive on ocassion.  Always a touch of chorus.

Really considering getting a Wah / Volume pedal though.  Mostly for the volume side.  I think the wah might be a little too much for worship.  Would be fun for goffing around with though!

God Bless!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 01:44:16 AM »

Like Carl I almost always add some chorus. Some songs I add more then others.
On the slow ballad style songs I might even add a touch of echo to the chorus.

Being an ex rock & roller and most of that was in 3 or 4 piece garage bands I had used distortion quite a bit but never found much use for it in church until I was ask to stand in for the bass player in the youth band. There regluar bassist was on vacation with his family and the youth band was playing for 3 service's on this week end. Right off I was impressed with the talent the youth band had, especially the drummer. This kid was 15 years and had it all together as a drummer. The lead guitarist was good also. Anyway, they were doing songs like History Maker, Let It Rise, Today Is The Day, etc. These kids had kind of made these songs there own and they were playing these songs in such away that I added in about 50% distortion and it really made the over-all sound complete. There regular bass player was really just learning how to play so they weren't use to any effects or even scales from there bassist. When I added in the distortion and jazzed it up with some scales they responded and we had a ball that weekend while keeping it approperate for the church setting.

After that long story let me close with this;

My advice when it comes to effects or any thing else as far as sound goes is to get an effects pedal and play around with it and find what YOU like and then play it YOUR way!!!! 

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
54bassman

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 09:43:12 PM »

My Monster Cable   Grin

The older I get, the less I knew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: