Worship Bass
July 23, 2017, 05:38:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good article- Worship Leaders [and team], We Are Not Rock Stars  (Read 2960 times)
DAGRev

« on: April 17, 2012, 08:25:15 AM »

I ran a cross a good article at ChristianPost.com

It's about worship leaders but is equally relevant to all on the worship team who's job it is to help lead a group of worshipers into the lifting up of God.  It's needed because most of us have some ego and like to be seen as cool--the other 3 people who don't struggle with pride from time to time have other issues!

http://blogs.christianpost.com/guest-views/worship-leaders-we-are-not-rock-stars-9372/

Worship is never about us--ever--it's about God.  Period.  If ever we get this mixed up it's anything but worship.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:34:53 AM »

Great article with some very good points. thanks for sharing.
Larry

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Child of God

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:15:32 AM »

Interesting article.  And certainly for the musician it can be a concern (self-worth, pride, praise-seeking).  Generally musician-types (and those with self-esteem issues) DO gravitate towards these ends ... unless they are completely aware of the hazard this can cause in the church and even their relationship with the Lord.

In my opinion, most of the more mature (I hate saying older! *LoL*) worship team members have dealt with this issue, and, if they are still worship team members, dealt with it successfully.  I can see where it could be a very big problem for the 20 year-old Worship Leader unless they are well mentored.

An idea that someone came up with a little while back really peaked my interest.  The idea was to have the congregation sit in a circle with the cross at the center during worship.  This certainly would take the attention away from "the band" and help place it where it belongs!  It may not be practical in all churches ... but the concept speaks for itself.

God Bless!
Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
DAGRev

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:12:32 AM »

I know what you mean and agree with all you said. 

I have for years seen some real value from the Catholic tradition which my wife came from where musicians and choir are either off to the far side or even behind the congregation.  It makes sense.  The worship team should be able to lead worship just fine by not being seen because none of the focus should be on us in the first place.  If we have to be seen for people to worship--something is indeed very wrong or at least immature. 

As the pastor and bass player I would hope the worship team is transparent like the sound system.  If you notice and pay attention to either one something is wrong.

Worship is never about us--ever--it's about God.  Period.  If ever we get this mixed up it's anything but worship.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: