Worship Bass
November 19, 2017, 06:51:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going paperless  (Read 1381 times)
chrisfbass

Fivers and Worship Just Go Together!

« on: June 07, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »

Has anyone gone paperless yet? And what kit are you using? i-pad, tablette? and any favored software?

I assume you have had to either copy all your sheet music to pdf format or download (and pay) for new music.
How about  your own notation onto these pdf's?.

Is this somthing you have done just for yourself or is it driven by your church's media expert and is it shared and available to all.

And can we share this technology and said pdfs?  And lastly is there any software that can handle key changes?

Chris
Child of God

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »

Hi Chris!

I can't speak to going paperless as far as music is concerned.  But I can speak the concept in general.
The governement agency where I work has been "paperless" (so to speak) for quite a while.  There are two problems with it from what I've experienced.

1.  Some of us "old-timers" (or perhaps "technologically challenged" people) just prefer the paper.  Personal preference, ya know?
2.  What in the world do you do when the technology fails?  (And believe me, it will from time to time!)

But if you can accept and cope with the two points above -- I think its a great idea!
I know our pastor uses his tablet for his sermons -- cause its small & handy -- plus he can call up scripture (or other notes) really quick when he needs to.

I guess it could be really cool to have a couple "scrolling marquees" on the stage -- where lyric/chord could be displayed -- but then you can run into the problem of not being able to do any improv or repats that were there to begin with.  I guess you could probably figure out a way to do that though.

I always build the lead sheets for the team.  Just the simple lyric/chord sheet.  I don't think anyone on the team can read music except me, and I'm not even good at it anymore.  So for me to put it all into IT format wouldn't be a problem at all.

God Bless!
Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
Swamp Ash

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:09:15 PM »

I guess I am not in the process of going paperless...I just put together a 300 page binder of all my praise and worship music.  On another note, however, I am glad to see this thread emerge after seemingly (or actually) weeks of inactivity here.  Worship Bass is much too precious a resource and ministry to see languish.
tank

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »

We still adhere to the old paper lead sheets.  We're a small church so the budget is also small.  We are blessed with very good and capable musicians and all but one have had formal music training.  The one that has not had any formal training has an amazing ear for it and he also is self taught and has turned out to be a really capable musician.  I really don't see us moving away from paper in the near future,  which to me is fine because I've been in situations where having to depend on technology has caused headaches because they are machines and can crash or just out and out lead you into something akin to the sound of a train wreck!!   Shocked

Walk by Faith
54bassman

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »

I would love having all my number charts (+300) on a tablet.

The older I get, the less I knew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: