Worship Bass
November 23, 2017, 05:17:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: GEAR PICS!  (Read 17534 times)
LuckyStrike

« on: March 19, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »

Shocked
pedroims

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »

2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »

Great Pics. I really like the Music Man. I would also guess the Mark Bass head on that SWR cab sounds sweet.

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
chrisfbass

Fivers and Worship Just Go Together!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:34:10 AM »

Chris
Rob_U

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 12:44:20 PM »

I think I have posted individual photos of all of my gear at different times on this forum, but here's a quick "happy-snap" of it all together. I don't have a gig-size bass amp - I just use the Carvin at church.

leocross
rooted and grounded in love; Ephesians 3:17

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »

I have an Ibanez SR505 but no pics. It is being used by a church a couple of cities away from me at the  moment, but last week while the weather was pretty I took some pics of my "baby". When I decided I would play bass to help out at church I had no idea there was this "spell" that you fall under when you get your first bass. So under the "spell" I ordered my U.S. Masters EP52. I've seen comments on other forums about candy coated basses, but this color was my special order, so, others may say it's candy coated, but I simply love it, and I really enjoy taking care of it, and playing it of course. The amp is a 1960 Ampeg Jet-12 modded to a bass preamp using 6SU7GTY preamp tubes.
The preamp has a balanced output that I take direct to the board. It's full of breath and tone. I get a kick out of posting pics of my latest gear. The last two years I've been able to purchase some quality equipment, after playing with just whatever I could come up with for 20 some odd years. Check out the size of that low B string.

"we are more than conquerers through him that loved us"
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 10:33:30 PM »

Wow leo, that is an absolutly beautiful instrument.

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
leocross

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »

Thank you. Smiley I am really enjoying it.
leo

Breitling

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »

Hmmm. can't figure out this picture posting business at all... This is a pic of my Roscoe SKB3005. Hope you can see that. In the meantime I'll homework on how to post images here.

[http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/131/4/698201176/n698201176_795574_5344.jpg

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:29:04 PM by Breitling » Logged

ACG Finn4; ACG Skelf 5; ACG Recurve 4; ACG Graft H5; Roscoe SKB3005; Schecter Stiletto Studio 4 fretless; Ric 4003BB; Warwick Fortress 1; Status Electro Mk1; Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub; KSD Proto-J with EBS preamp.  Lots of gear; One God.
chrisfbass

Fivers and Worship Just Go Together!

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 11:56:37 PM »

Yes it took me ages to figure as well

Go to your Facebook image (or MySpace, Photobucket etc) and Right Click "Copy Image Location"
Then paste in here using the Insert Picture button (2nd from left above the smilies). This will put in a (img)picture location(/img) code

Great Bass - Trans Green or Blue or Teal always stand out for me - especialy on a figured maple top - and  it's a fiver and  maple unmarked neck !!!
    Grin

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:10:57 AM by chrisfbass » Logged

Chris
Breitling

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 01:42:26 AM »

Ahhh! Thanks Chris.

The Roscoe is a lovely bass. Hand made, and, in the UK at least, hideously expensive (one was recently reviewed in UK's Bass Guitar magazine and showed a list price of £3.6k) but, sadly, not with a maple fretboard.  Smiley  That's African Tulipwood with a streak of sapwood which runs down the length of the G string. This pic shows it better.

Hmmm. Now I've figured out how to get images up I think I'll show the rest of my arsenal...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:51:20 AM by Breitling » Logged

ACG Finn4; ACG Skelf 5; ACG Recurve 4; ACG Graft H5; Roscoe SKB3005; Schecter Stiletto Studio 4 fretless; Ric 4003BB; Warwick Fortress 1; Status Electro Mk1; Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub; KSD Proto-J with EBS preamp.  Lots of gear; One God.
Breitling

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 01:56:25 AM »

Dean 12 string...

Rickenbacker 4003 Blue Boy [2002 Ltd Edition]

The Twins... Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub and Ken Smith Design jazz with EBS preamp

Warwick Fortress One and Fender '51 Precision re-issue

And for reasons I can't explain, I don't appear to have an even remotely decent picture of my Status Electro. Oh, well...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:06:52 PM by Breitling » Logged

leocross

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »

Hello Breitling, Mighty fine looking basses you got there! Can you elaborate on your feelings about the Roscoe for me? I'm seriously considering sinking alot of money into one. I've read a number of good reviews about them but I want to hear more. What are the strong points in your opinion? Is the B floppy or tight? Is the action super low? Or maybe I should ask, "Can the action be set ridiculously low? I love their tops and the shape of the LG. If I could get one with low enough action I think I could save even faster than I am, (money that is). Thanks for any response.
leocross

The Roscoe is a lovely bass. Hand made, and, in the UK at least, hideously expensive (one was recently reviewed in UK's Bass Guitar magazine and showed a list price of £3.6k) but, sadly, not with a maple fretboard.  Smiley  That's African Tulipwood with a streak of sapwood which runs down the length of the G string. This pic shows it better.

Hmmm. Now I've figured out how to get images up I think I'll show the rest of my arsenal...
[/quote]

Breitling

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 03:13:25 AM »

Hi Leo,

thanks for your kind words.

Roscoe? Simply awesome. The build quality is just in a different league to any of my other basses. Judging from the questions you asked I suspect that an LG3005 will tick all of your boxes. 35" scale lengths give a lot of manufacturer's basses a bit more authority on the low B but Roscoes have a reputation for being really outstanding. The reputation is well founded. This is only the second fiver I've ever owned but it is head and shoulders above the Warwick FNA Jazzman that I had previously. The action can also be set ridiculously low. I have never made ANY adjustments to the setup of my bass in three years of owning it and a Satriani-style guitarist friend of mine once joked to me that the action was lower than on his Ibanez widdle-stick. It wasn't, in truth, but it was pretty close.

The only problem that I had with my Roscoe was battery consumption. When it first arrived it would eat two 9v batteries in less than a week. It took a little while but I isolated the problem. The countersunk switchcraft jack sockets that they use are wrapped in a heat shrink to protect the wiring in the inside. A sharp piece of solder had pierced the shrink and was making contact with the shielding paint in the routing. This was creating an open circuit so the batteries would drain. I simply wrapped a few layers of electricians tape around the shrinkwrap. Fixed. I know of at least two other Roscoe owners that this has happened to so it's worth bearing in mind.

To conclude, I think you'll be buying a fantastic instrument if you buy a Roscoe. I'd like another, a four string, but they are SO expensive in the UK because of 17.5% sales tax (VAT) and import duty and shipping and importer's profit margins that I can't see myself ever getting one - unless a good pre-owned one turns up somewhere. New, it would cost us the equivalent of about $6000 to $7000.

Hope this helps.

leocross

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 05:44:10 AM »

Breitling, Thanks very much for the details. The more I read, and now, hear about Roscoe from players like you, the more I want one. They are beautiful aren't they? Then couple that with the playability and you can't go wrong. Thanks again and have a great day. It is one that the Lord has made! Smiley
leocross

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: