Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:13:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your strong points when playing the bass.  (Read 8399 times)
Elizabeth Albrecht
Laying down lows for the Lord...

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »

I can read pretty much any type of music including Nashville.
I can sight-read most songs
I am nearly always on time
I can do repairs and adjustments really fast between sets
I can get on with nearly all the musicians in the band, and can admit when I'm wrong.

The main one for me is that I love playing what I play and I know that whilst I play, I am worshipping the Lord.

'Praise Him with strings' Psalm 150
bajagill

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »

........I'm good at keeping time (comes in handy w/ the young drummer  Wink ), teachable, usually learn quickly, hangin' in the pocket when you have a good drummer(man that ROCKS!!), I have my own gear (didn't used to... Tongue ), not afraid to speak up about pushing a new song too quickly, know when to keep mymouth shut (usually...)

Dr. C ? Roll Eyes
cdaymude

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:30 AM »

Feel.   I don't know nearly as much as I would like to about music theory other than the basics but I can feel my way through most songs if I know the chord structure and have a sense of the song from having heard it before.  I like to insert fills or accent notes and round out the sound whenever I can.   We don't have a regular drummer so the team looks to me to completely fill in the low end as best I can so I do my best. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: