Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 10:06:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll start out!  (Read 14257 times)
Brim

« on: September 26, 2007, 07:45:04 PM »

My name is Xavier (aka Brim). I live in Sarasota, FL. My church is Calvary Chapel Sarasota (awesome church)! I've been playing since I was 13 or so....I'm now 28. I am a born-again believer (Praise God!) since an early age (thanks for the witness Mom)! God is good!

Peace to all of you,
Xavier

living in grace

/// Interested in a TRex FT Jr. modded PT Mini pedal board? I can build it for you! ///
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »

My name is Jeff. I play at First United Pentecostal in Heber Springs, Arkansas. We are small, but growing rapidly! We have quadrupled the size of our congregation in 12 months. The building seats 150, and we are hoping to need a new building in the next 12 months. Cool

I got filled with the Spirit when I was 11, backslid at 16, and was away from God until I almost died from a bad drug experience when I was around 30. I called my preacher Mom at 2:30 in the morning to come and pray for me, and over the next few months, slowly found my way back to God and the church.

While I was backslid, I had periods where I went to church strictly to play the bass until I really went down the dark side in my mid twenties.

I learned to play drums in my Dad's church when I was 12 (the church split and all of the musicians left), picked up bass at 13 or 14, and switched to bass full time at 15.

I am not perfect, just forgiven, but I am growing in the Spirit every day.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:47:30 AM by embellisher » Logged
Elizabeth Albrecht
Laying down lows for the Lord...

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:13:25 AM »

Hi guys! I'm Elizabeth Albrecht (or Fassa!) and I'm a Baptist, going to Heaton Baptist Church here in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
I was brought up a believer but didn't go to church or anything like that. It was my Christian friends in college who led me to faith, acting as excellent witnesses to the faith. When I came to uni I met with members of the university Christian Union, and really just got fired up! I started going to church, and I was baptised at Heaton Baptist in December of last year infront of 150 people, including my grandparents (which meant a lot to me)
  It was seeing the worship band at the Christian Union that really got me into bassplaying. A month after joining Christian Union I bought my first bass (November 16th to be precise!) and began to play.

Being Christian is simply amazing, but praising Him through music is a dream come true for me!

'Praise Him with strings' Psalm 150
Brim

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 09:33:30 PM »

Welcome Elizabeth!

living in grace

/// Interested in a TRex FT Jr. modded PT Mini pedal board? I can build it for you! ///
Brim

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 06:54:23 PM »

We're up to 16 members!!

living in grace

danders

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »

Thought about starting a new thread but I guess making this a longer one works just as well.  My name is Dave Anderson and I attend Hillsboro First Baptist in Hillsboro Oregon.  My family started attending there a few months before I turned 2 and I'm 48 now so we've been there a while.  I was saved at a young age but didn't have much interest in spiritual matters until I was out of college and newly married.  God's been steadily working on me since. 

I'm new to bass and have been playing for about 7 months now.  I'm really grateful for my situation at church as I'm playing regularly with people that are much better musicians than I am and I think that probably has to be helping with my learning curve.  Good thing too, I can use all the help I can get!   Grin
slaerts

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 11:52:15 PM »

Hi Guys,
I'm Nigel, I left my church last year and am in a small home group or home church. We are 9 people meeting in a loungeroom, at times my accoustic bass is too loud. I have been a Christian since 1990. I have been playing bass since 1988. I live in Newcastle Australia. 
Brim

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »

Welcome Danders & Nigel! Glad to have you guys here!

living in grace

electraglide

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »

Hi, I'm glad I found this forum.  I play bass and guitar at Palm Canyon Community Church in Moreno Valley, California.  I am blessed to be able to worship the Lord by playing in our worship team.  It seems like God has taken all the things that I used for evil and turned them to good ( playing bass and guitar, riding my Harley, etc.)!  After 17 years clean and sober thanks to him, life keeps getting better and better. 
God Bless you all!

"HE alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken" Ps. 62:2
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 04:46:59 AM »

Hi, I'm glad I found this forum.  I play bass and guitar at Palm Canyon Community Church in Moreno Valley, California.  I am blessed to be able to worship the Lord by playing in our worship team.  It seems like God has taken all the things that I used for evil and turned them to good ( playing bass and guitar, riding my Harley, etc.)!  After 17 years clean and sober thanks to him, life keeps getting better and better. 
God Bless you all!

Welcome!!! Glad to hear a testimony from another that God has delivered from the grip of sin & death.

My Uncle used to live in Moreno Valley! Cool
CharlyG

I like to call it "Holy Smoke!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 06:59:33 AM »

Howdy! My name is Charly and I have been playing bass at Church in the Canyon in Calabasas, Ca for about 12 years.  It is a PCA church, and I am also an elder. This looks like it is going to be a great place to yak about our special problems and needs. I just had a real bad tempo issue (no drummer) that I could not figure out and was ready to quit as ut bothered me way too much and people coud see the frustration at times. Not a good thing when you are trying to bring folks before the throne! The solution? I sold my SVT Classic head, went back to the SS B2RE, cranked the mids, and made the leader/guitar dude stand closer to me and my amp!!

I found the church through the twelve steps 20 years ago......

06 Rick 4004cii MB
98 Fender  P/J MM birdseye neck!
00 G&L L-2500

Ampeg B2RE Classic 410HLF
Mick D

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 11:17:15 AM »

Hi Guys,

You should have had this topic closer to the top of the page. I just came in and started posting without introducing myself. Embarrassed

My name is Mick Donner. I originally dedicated my life to the Lord in the late 70's after several years as a road musician. I played with some Christian rock bands in the early 80's. The attitude of the church toward some of the more progressive bands was less than warm and fuzzy. I got a little turned off and dropped out for the next 15 years (I would always joke that the Peters Brothers had given me Sundays off. Those of you old enough will know what I mean).
I came back to the Lord through music. My wife was a cradle Catholic and had started going to church when we moved to North Andover Ma. I went with her and when the music director found out that I played bass, he got my wife to volunteer me for the youth mass. The priests at this church were pretty cool. One of them is the chaplain to Barnum and Bailey when they're on the road. One thing led to another and 10 years later we've moved to Dunedin, Florida and I'm playing in the Lifeteen band.
I live with my wife and two sons on the Gulfcoast of Florida and attend Our Lady of Lourdes church in Dunedin.
I'm an instrument designer and builder and I've been a member of the Music Industry for over 20 years having worked for Washburn, Gibson, Peavey, Parker, and Dean.
I've spent a lot of time in Asian guitar factories and I now work as a consultant helping US guitar companies source Asian manufacturing.

That's about it. That's probably more than enough.  Cheesy

God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called
netpirate2003

Holdin' up the low end for the big man.

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 02:04:21 AM »

Eric Thompson here.  First Christian Church(DOC) of Venice Florida is my stage.  Moved to Fla in June and took my "Holy Bath" in July.  A few weeks later I filled the vacated bass chair for the 9:30am service.  I also run the sound board and power point show for the 8 & 11 am service.  I'm old school Church of Christ and the playing instruments at church is new to me...But I like it. Smiley 

About me:

I am a Formally trained chef, Freemason, Bama football fan, 6 string player, Bass player, Drummer, Sound tech, Scuba diver, Pirate, Daddy of two, Ex-husband, Boyfriend, Problem solver, Republican, Neighborhood security guy, Night owl, Collector of useless knowledge, Master of duct tape and super glue, Sinner/Saint, and all around nice guy.  There's lots more but that should do it for now...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:35:18 PM by netpirate2003 » Logged

If you wanna make God laugh tell him your plans.
Brim

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 07:18:10 PM »

Welcome new comers! Eric....I'm right up the street from you in Sarasota!

living in grace

netpirate2003

Holdin' up the low end for the big man.

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 10:38:03 PM »

I found the church through the twelve steps 20 years ago......

It's not the journey that's important, it's the destination.

If you wanna make God laugh tell him your plans.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: