Worship Bass
September 23, 2017, 07:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Long neck vs short neck basses . . . what's the difference?  (Read 23261 times)
Mean Bone

Truth is not relative.

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »

While I was in Atlanta yesterday I went by Atlanta Bass Gallery and tried out a Hofner Club Bass and a 1962 Reissue Violin Bass.  I'm sold!  So much easier to play and great sound.

I'll need to sell a few things to make the $2,000 + price tag but I really like this bass!

MB
If there is no creator, there are no inalienable rights.

Birdsong C-144 . . . the wait is torture!
danders

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 09:59:03 AM »

... scroll down to 8C-117... Can't wait.

rclef - The Birdsong site says 8C-117 is done and is being shipped today if I'm understanding it right.  I'm curious to hear what you think of it.  Nice looking bass, by the way, even if it is missing a string!    Grin
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

What doesn't kill you will learn from its errors..

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 10:15:51 AM »

... scroll down to 8C-117... Can't wait.

rclef - The Birdsong site says 8C-117 is done and is being shipped today if I'm understanding it right.  I'm curious to hear what you think of it.  Nice looking bass, by the way, even if it is missing a string!    Grin

Heh heh heh.... 

Yes.  Will be in my gorilla like hands Thursday or Friday.  This is my last week of school (done with inservice, workdays on Friday) so I had Jaime ship it to my school.  I CANNOT WAIT!  I will be playing it at church Sunday, maybe even by worship rehearsal Thursday night.  I am goin' nuts.

Bobby
My other Bass is a Tuba...
Bassist for "Cry of Stones"
www.myspace.com/cryofstones

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »

Clam Down and take a deep breath rfclef. You dont want to stroke out before it arives. LOL
I understand your anticapation. I would probably set up a watch tower on the top of house.
I am really happy for you.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
oldrookie

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 05:11:01 PM »

+1 Really excited for you!  What beautiful instrument!
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »

Clam Down and take a deep breath rfclef. You dont want to stroke out before it arives. LOL
I understand your anticapation. I would probably set up a watch tower on the top of house.
I am really happy for you.

Dave

Hey... Internet tracking these days practically IS a watch tower... As of 8:41 Texas time, was in Round Rock, Texas.  It is hard for me to believe it is on the way.  Hard to believe that that picture is what is coming my way.  Hard to believe I have a bass as good as that and skills as bad as mine...

A stroke is a DEFinite possibility.

Bobby

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
Corey

My Band Replica (hisreplica.com)

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 11:32:18 AM »

A stroke is a DEFinite possibility.

Well, then maybe its a good thing its missing that string-wouldnt want to confuse you too much! Grin

See my bass build at dreamsofluthierie.blogspot.com
myspace.com/corey_reddell
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 12:41:37 PM »

8:15 am...  City of Industry, California....  getting CLOSer.... Shocked

Bobby

oldrookie

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »

Go, you brown truck, go! Grin
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »

Go, you brown truck, go! Grin
Shocked  FedEx... Shocked Shocked

Bobby

oldrookie

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 05:22:01 AM »

Whoooooops!  Go, you multi-colored truck, go!
fretlessguy

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 11:17:16 AM »

Other than length of neck not a lot. At least not with my short scale.
I play an Allan Woody bass (Epiphone) that to say the least is a mud lsinger when it comes to lows. In fact, I usually turn
the neck pup down to about 50-60 % of volume and turn the second pup, at the mid position all the way and run the treble
knob about 60%.  It gives it a more pronounced mdirange. This is with a set of SIT shortscale lights (.40-.95) but yet still has plenty of lowend.
There are plenty of poorly designed and cheap shortscales out there, however, that do have weak E strings and almost missing lowend. As with anything else, you get what you pay for.
Ohhhhhhh..... that Birdsong bass is gorgeous! I have a hankering for one in fretless...
Doug

...and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16B
Mean Bone

Truth is not relative.

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »

rfclef . . . we're waiting . . .

MB

Mean Bone

Truth is not relative.

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 07:11:21 PM »

. . . full report . . . tic . . . tic . . . tic . . . tic . . .

Maybe some pix?

MB

rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 09:06:38 PM »

. . . full report . . . tic . . . tic . . . tic . . . tic . . .

Maybe some pix?

Will try to get the pix... Got a buncha teeth taken out today, so not sure how much I can do tonight... Check out a preliminary report in my "I'm gonna get a new bass" thread...  I have to ad the thumbrest, but will have to wait, cause tonight, if I bend my head over, my nose bleeds...

Bobby

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: