Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:13:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anybody use overdrive o distortion?  (Read 16014 times)
Child of God

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 05:42:06 AM »

Yeah!  And it gives your picks a nice fresh scent!   Roll Eyes
Good idea!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
kael89
That Leigh Guy

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 10:37:43 PM »

i've found i quite enjoy a little bit of overdirve to give my sound a bit of bite and warmth. but i also use an A/B/Y pedal to have both clean and effected tones running side by side creates abit of extra tone and if you have any problems with losing the beefy nice lows in your natural tone this gives you a great way to not have to compromise Cheesy

The truth? God. There is only God. Everything else can and will change. There is only God.
FreddyK

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »

My ideal bass rig is a Keely compressor into a GNX-3000 with a bass amp simulation that has a slight amount of overdrive.  I had an Ampeg VT-22, but in worship service I could not push it hard enough to get any grit, so I ended up simply taking a DI out of the GNX.   The Ampeg ended up dying, though (I am guessing a bad capacitor, but I have not had a chance to take it apart yet).  Recently, though, to simply my setup, I have been using compression and a sight bit of overdrive from a Zoom 506.   I like a fair amount of compression on the bass, and I use the same sound for recording.  For dynamic range, I place a volume pedal after the compressor.     I find that compression not only makes the bass fuller, but it smooths out some irregularities in playing and dead spots in instruments as well.   I suppose running the bass through an 1176 would be optimal, but that is a bit expensive. 

-Fred Korkosz
mishicoco

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 06:20:28 PM »

yes sansamp rpm preamp drive into carvin 800 watt power amp with my geddy lee signiture bass or my 76 rick or my 12string dean rapshody bass into my eden 4x10 cab i have it on about one, for every one out there that is thinking that i am gonna blow everybodies head off with crazy volume. The grit sounds like saturated tubes and is very "felt" it is an integral part of my tone .sounds like the geddy tone from analog kid the distortion actually brings out the harmonics in the tone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: