Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 12:26:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I sang today :)  (Read 2257 times)
JohnH

« on: April 27, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »

First time in front of the congregation. I'm told it sounded good.  Not sure how much I believe them but...my wife and son said it was ok so, it was ok. Cheesy

Just the first verse of "Lord, I Give You My Heart". 

Apparently I made them very nervous in rehearsal though.  Not so good - and I knew it.  I'm just glad it went well for the service - I'd hate to be the one to detract from worship. by sounding a little pitchy.

I didn't play when I sang the solo.  Just the pianist, guitar and I. I did sing/play the rest of the song with the rest of the vocals.  My rythm (sp) always suffers a bit when I try to sing so, I don't do it often, just on songs with fairly simple rythms. 

I was granted an uncharacteristic lack of nerves and nervousness all morning.  Thank you Jesus! Cheesy

"God hears the song in your heart."
"Yeah.  But we have to hear you play."
Why Skill Really Does Matter - Ken Boer and Pat Sczebel
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »

Congrats JohnH.
You were probably much better then you thought you were. If nothing else I am certin it was pleasing to God and thats what it is all about anyway.

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
JohnH

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 06:32:18 PM »

Dave,
It's a good thing the Lord listens with different ears than we all do. Wink  Have ya read my sig??  Cheesy Tongue

I gave it a listen earlier.  Overall, passable but, as they say, God isn't finished with me yet - there is some voicework yet to be done (in addition to all the other stuff. Wink

Cheers!

"God hears the song in your heart."
"Yeah.  But we have to hear you play."
Why Skill Really Does Matter - Ken Boer and Pat Sczebel
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: