Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 12:27:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music And Summer Events  (Read 2655 times)
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« on: May 03, 2008, 08:19:14 PM »

This summer part of the worship band will be going outside of the church and playing. It looks like the band will consist of 1 lead singer, 2 back ground vocalist, 2 guitar players, a keyboard player, a drummer and yours truely on bass.
 So far we will be playing at some baseball games, softball games, and a picnic with a fishing contest.
 Other members of our church will be giving away hot dogs and bottled water as we play.
 I am looking foward to doing this. It is a good way to bring glory to God out in public and it sounds like a lot of fun also. It should prove to be a win win situation.
 It also looks as if we will be playing at an outdoor baptism but I am not sure if that is definite yet.

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
JohnH

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »

Dave,

You are most fortunate to have a band capable and willing to do such things.  I love my acoustic guitarists dearly but, they are really only at the strum an acoustic stage in guitar playing development.  I would love to have some lead electric guitar in our music and to play more CCM in a  setting like you are doing.  It's my dream and I can only hope that it is in line with what the Lord wants for me.

Trying to hone my skills and be patient,
John. Wink

"God hears the song in your heart."
"Yeah.  But we have to hear you play."
Why Skill Really Does Matter - Ken Boer and Pat Sczebel
Manbass

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »

Dave,

You are most fortunate to have a band capable and willing to do such things.  I love my acoustic guitarists dearly but, they are really only at the strum an acoustic stage in guitar playing development.  I would love to have some lead electric guitar in our music and to play more CCM.....

Trying to hone my skills and be patient,
John. Wink

I was in the same spot in my Lifeteen band...WL played Acoustic only...then one day I told him I knew an electric player that was available, knew all of our songs and could sing to boot!
He said "Who is it?"
I said "It is you....here this is yours"  and I handed him a donated new Electric.
We have been rockin the Mass ever since, dude.

LeCompte Catholic Thunder Bassist
1954bassman

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

John, no chance you live in Western NC is there?

Bass with Grace
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: