Worship Bass
September 22, 2017, 03:21:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use a wireless connection?  (Read 9571 times)
jansenw

« on: June 06, 2008, 02:00:03 PM »

I'm thinking of using a wireless connection from my bass. It would make some of my worship setups easier but wouldn't be absolutely necessary. I hear the Line-6 X2 Digital system is pretty good.

Do you use a wireless connection? Which one and why?  How far are you from the receiver?

What problems have you encountered?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:27:02 PM by jansenw » Logged
Corey

My Band Replica (hisreplica.com)

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:28:14 PM »

I got a Nady U33B off of ebay for a song and other than having to modify the the input jack it has been worry free (they tend to short out with side loads on the input cord-easily fixed). I love the sound-it has bass boost-and I have tried a few others and they just dont have the punch that the Nady does. The range is pretty good too, never had a dropout during a performance. I have been using it steady for over a year now, and when I do have top go back to a chord I dont like it at all.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:30:35 PM by Corey » Logged

See my bass build at dreamsofluthierie.blogspot.com
myspace.com/corey_reddell
jansenw

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »

How far are you from the receiver?
Corey

My Band Replica (hisreplica.com)

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:36:23 PM »

I can go to the back of the church and tweek knobs on the board til it sounds right. Im not sure how far that is, but its far enough that if Im not wearing my IEMs my timing gets off due to the time delay. I have gone out the back door to get something out of my truck (about the same distance, but 2 or 3 walls in between) and I could still hear it. Maybe 150 ft. or so, easy. Im not aware of a situation where I'd ever get that far during a performance (unless I did the Angus Young riding on the shoulders thing-but that wont happen, Im waaay too big).

See my bass build at dreamsofluthierie.blogspot.com
myspace.com/corey_reddell
Brim

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »

I do not use, and have never, a wireless connection. I have heard terrific things about the X2 system (they have rackmount and pedal versions). I've never used it or tested it.

living in grace

/// Interested in a TRex FT Jr. modded PT Mini pedal board? I can build it for you! ///
oyobass

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 02:59:48 PM »

I have an old Nady 201 wireless that I use off and on, and have for the past 19-20 years or so. It has always been reliable, although it is a little hungry for batteries, but it sounds great and has more than enough range for me.

oyo
Swamp Ash

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »

I would love to use a wireless just to be able to go to the balcony where the sound board is and dial in my sound while the band is practicing.  From the stage, I have no idea what the sound is like in the pews and, of course, the Aviom headphone monitor I use doesn't give me a clue, either.
Manbass

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »

No...all cable.

LeCompte Catholic Thunder Bassist
oyobass

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »

No...all cable.

I have gone back to using a cable myself. As good as my old Nady sounds, 9v batteries are expen$ive, and using a cable is free.

oyo
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »

I am all cable myself.

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
JohnH

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »

No...all cable.

I have gone back to using a cable myself. As good as my old Nady sounds, 9v batteries are expen$ive, and using a cable is free.

oyo
three words: Nickel Metal Hydride  (aka - rechargeables) Wink

I'm cabled now but would love to go wireless then I can go back to the board and mix for practice and still play and hear what we sound like!

"God hears the song in your heart."
"Yeah.  But we have to hear you play."
Why Skill Really Does Matter - Ken Boer and Pat Sczebel
JohnH

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »

Ya know - didn't the frequencies all change on 1 JAN 2008? 

EDIT:
Never mind - law changes freqs in 2009 (I saw a "2009 compliant" listing on something I was looking at.)
After that you run the risk of older stuff picking up police/fire/ambulance. Sad
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:34:06 PM by JohnH » Logged

"God hears the song in your heart."
"Yeah.  But we have to hear you play."
Why Skill Really Does Matter - Ken Boer and Pat Sczebel
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »

EDIT:
Never mind - law changes freqs in 2009 (I saw a "2009 compliant" listing on something I was looking at.)
After that you run the risk of older stuff picking up police/fire/ambulance. Sad

If that is true and it very well could be, someone could be using an older wireless and right in the middle of prayer a police call could come blasting over the mains.  Shocked

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 01:06:25 AM »

I am selling my old Ibanez SR506 to the assistant pastor of a church in my fellowship, and am planning on buying an x2 when he finishes paying for it.
oyobass

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

EDIT:

If that is true and it very well could be, someone could be using an older wireless and right in the middle of prayer a police call could come blasting over the mains.  Shocked

I think it is primarily the 700MHz UHF band that will be banned for wireless device use and assigned to public safety. ( http://gigaom.com/2007/03/14/700mhz-explained/ ). I'm using that as an excuse to upgrade some mics on that band at work, although we almost never use those particular units.  Wink

John
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: