Worship Bass
September 23, 2017, 07:26:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use a wireless connection?  (Read 9572 times)
Corey

My Band Replica (hisreplica.com)

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »

I'm cabled now but would love to go wireless then I can go back to the board and mix for practice and still play and hear what we sound like!
[/quote]

I know this sounds good, but beware of the time delay or it wont (sound good, I mean). Only way to combat this is with IEMs or headphones at the board.

See my bass build at dreamsofluthierie.blogspot.com
myspace.com/corey_reddell
1954bassman

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 06:28:43 PM »

Ya know - didn't the frequencies all change on 1 JAN 2008? 

EDIT:
Never mind - law changes freqs in 2009 (I saw a "2009 compliant" listing on something I was looking at.)
After that you run the risk of older stuff picking up police/fire/ambulance. Sad

If that is true and it very well could be, someone could be using an older wireless and right in the middle of prayer a police call could come blasting over the mains.  Shocked

I think it is primarily the 700MHz UHF band that will be banned for wireless device use and assigned to public safety. ( http://gigaom.com/2007/03/14/700mhz-explained/ ). I'm using that as an excuse to upgrade some mics on that band at work, although we almost never use those particular units.  Wink

John

Only the 700mHz band will be affected. The Fcc is in the process of auctioning off the 700 - 799 mHz band (can you say AT&T?) So it will be illegal in 02/2009 to operate 700mHz wireless system then - we have eight 700 band Sennheisers at our church. Both Shure and Sennhieser are offering rebates on replacement systems. I don't have the links in front on me, but if someone needs them, I will round them up. E/V Telex are replacing crystals (for a charge). Shure is giving rebates for trade-ins of any brand. Sennheiser's rebates are pro-rated.

Again - only 700mHz band equipment will be affected at this time. Most older instrument systems are not on this band, and even most of the newer stuff is not. The 700 band is often refered to as the "c" band.

Mark

Bass with Grace
deepcalls2deep

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 04:15:11 PM »

I use an X2 system. The xdr95 to be exact. It works wonderful... no discernable tone loss, great range, and minimal interferance that is easily fixed by channel swapping.

When I am not using that I used custom cables from bayou cables.
http://bayoucables.com/
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 01:17:57 AM »

I haven't got an X2 yet. My Pastor picked up a used Shure UT14 'The Guitarist' wireless for me to use. His wife mandated that all of the cords on the platform need to go. Grin I tried it out yesterday, and it sounds very good. I need to see if it is affected by the 700 MHz frequency law, if it is, I will have him return it.
Graeme Polly

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »

Hi
I have been using the X2 XDS95 (I think that's right)and absolutely love it. It uses that batteries like there going out of fashion, but the quality of sound is great and they go down to 10hz.
Hz is something to really consider, not many go lower that about 50hz and as a bass player especially a 5 stringer, this is important.
I am very particular about my tone but that said on our big church stage a wireless makes things very easy, and I think the X2 ones are great.
In fact I just sold mine and bought the new model.

Graeme
fretlessguy

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 06:17:43 AM »

I experimented with a borrowed wireless when they first came out all those years ago. While I could see their applications if you moved around a lot, or there were a lot of folks onstage, I came to the conclusion you buy a lot of cables or strings sets for what you paid for a really good one. I am also a "sitter" and stay on a stool not far from my amp anyway.

Doug

...and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16B
Corey

My Band Replica (hisreplica.com)

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »

Well, my Nady U33B died a year or so ago, and I have been tethered to my amp ever since then. But I just got a new Line-6 G-30 and it works quite well. Im especially happy that it has the band width to pick up the low-B string.

See my bass build at dreamsofluthierie.blogspot.com
myspace.com/corey_reddell
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

What doesn't kill you will learn from its errors..

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 12:25:43 AM »

My parents got me an X2 offa Ebay for Christmas.  I have used it for 2 gigs now, and I like it.  Very little (if any) tone loss... I am still trying to discern if I actually hear any or am imagining it...  My guitar player got jealous and just ebay'd his own X2...  I did buy a new right angle Mogami cable... The one that came with was cheap, and in fact the plug wobbled in my jack, cutting it out.  I put a Neutrik plug on it and will use it for a backup cord...

If I had the dough, I woulda gone for a G50, but for $100 shipped (plus almost $40 for the new cord... Shocked I am pretty pleased.

Bobby
My other Bass is a Tuba...
Bassist for "Cry of Stones"
www.myspace.com/cryofstones

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
Child of God

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:49 AM »

Yes.  Wireless is the only way to go.  Yeah, batteries all the time, but it's worth it in my opinion.  I can get to the mixer when needed at rehearsals, no tripping over cables, no accidentally pulling on the cable, and it makes for a great "mute/standby" when switching instruments.

Unfortunately, my wireless (Carvin UX1000-BP and in the old 700MHz band!) XMTR got a noise problem a couple weeks ago and I've been on the cable since.  I did buy a cheap "Digital Reference" system as a temporary fix and future back-up, but it was unacceptable -- a constant "clicking."  So, I decided I'm just going to have to save up for a bit and get a replacement system.  I was considering a Sennheiser, but they are real pricey, so it looks like I'm going to get another Carvin.  It's great system and less than $500.  (I'm pretty sure the noise problem was caused by my young "helper" at church -- I think she pulled on the antenna one too many times.)

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
54bassman

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »

I just up-graded from my Sennheiser G1 to a Line 6 G50. No comparsion, the G50 is a much better unit, I have not had a single drop-out in five services so far.

The older I get, the less I knew
Child of God

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »

Follow-up:

I ended buying a Samson AirLine Synth Guitar xmtr and rcvr.  I really like it a lot!  The xmtr is a little "bug" with no cord -- no beltpack -- self contained.  It has a mute as well which is really handy if swapping over axes. 

Glory to God!
Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: