Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 10:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the newest song you have added to your set list  (Read 6970 times)
1954bassman

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 04:45:08 AM »

Today Is The Day - Lincoln Brewster

Bass with Grace
CRBMoA

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 08:30:38 AM »

I Will Rise - Tomlin

2 Cor 10:5
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »

A new hallelujah, Michael W.  Smith

God never promised us second best.
Larry
SavnBass

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »

Everywhere That I Go
Still Standing

Both by Israel Haughton..

OnePlace|ChristChapelChurchWoodbridgeVa
Satan doesn't care if you believe the lie as long as you doubt the truth.
imacman9

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

Love Never Fails by Brian Johnson
CRBMoA

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »

Chris Tomlin - I Will Follow

2 Cor 10:5
tank

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 06:59:28 PM »

Over the past month and a half..(I play every other Sunday) We've been trying to add new music.  We seldom stick to the original artist's key because most of time it's difficult for the congregation (much less our WL because he sings bass) to sing in the original.  We get a youtube link from the WL on Wednesday night so we at least have and idea about what we are going to play (new music only).  The rest we get at rehearsal on Thursday night, which runs an hour and a half to two hours most of the time.  We generally have four songs (3 hymns) and a new song for the first service which is blended and 3 to 4 songs for the contemporary second service.  We try to have a run through at 7:30 am for the first service and at 10:25 for the second service.  It's actually left up to the musician to practice as much as possible between Thurs. night and Sun. morning.  And believe it or not the hymns are actually the most difficult for me to play because of the quick and numerous note changes on some of them.  I generally spend more time on them than any other song.   Cheesy

Majestic...................Lincoln Brewster
Take My Life.............Chris Tomlin
All Creation Sings.......Overflow
O Praise Him..............David Crowder Band
Jesus Paid It All......... Kristian Stanfill

Walk by Faith
Child of God

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »

The newest song we've added to our list is a song wrote by our WL titled "The Great I Am."  It's a real neat song with two different feels. 

As far as published songs go ... I think "Salvation is Here" (Joel Houston) is the last one we've added.  We kinda combined the Hillsong version with the Lincoln Brewester version, and then changed the little solo/interlude thing.  Yow!  I think we still need to work our arrangement a little though.  It was a little confusing last week - we all kinda got stuck at one point and no one was sure how we were gonna get out of it!   Shocked  But the Spirit managed to get us thru it!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: