Worship Bass
November 23, 2017, 12:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing keyboards in a worship setting?  (Read 3790 times)
Elizabeth Albrecht
Laying down lows for the Lord...

« on: September 01, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »

As some users on the site might know, as well as playing bass, I also play keyboards/piano, alothough I don't play worship music normally.

But I was toying with the idea of playing keys in a worship setting, more for my own musical ideas than anything else. I'm wondering what the best method of teaching myself worship keys actually is? Is there any specific knowledge that I should know? Should I just memorise pieces?

Any help is appreciated!

'Praise Him with strings' Psalm 150
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »

Hello Elizabeth

I am not sure how to tell you just what you need to learn, but I would think that the music of Michael W. Smith or Mark Schultz just to name a couple would be helpful. The piano is the heartbeat to there music and I would think if you were to study some of there works it would get you started and give you ideas on how to write your own.
Good luck and let us know how it is coming along.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
What a mess

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »

go to worshipteam.com has music recordings and you can change the key on many songs good stuff.
imacman9

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:52:26 PM »

I play piano/keys for my church as well. Hmmmm where to start.... the way you play depends on the style or lead instrument of your worship band. Are you piano led? Is the piano carrying the main rhythm? Or is it icing on the cake - a filler?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: