Worship Bass
November 19, 2017, 06:54:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worship CDs  (Read 2516 times)
Frodo
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »

I’m looking to build up a collection of contemporary worship CDs and would like recommendations on what to get.  I’m not interested in those collections where artists perform the music of other artists.  Unless a collection is particularly good, I’d rather get original recordings so that I’ll have a feel for the original.

What I’m looking for is something to use for wood-shedding at home.

Thanks.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:02:38 PM »

Try Ivan Parker's "It's True".

Great vocals, with  great horns, and what sounds like a five string fretless.

It super with which to play along as I do it periodically.

I think it came out around last Christmas.  It  was given to mea as a gift and has some really fine material.

Enjoy.

I’m looking to build up a collection of contemporary worship CDs and would like recommendations on what to get.  I’m not interested in those collections where artists perform the music of other artists.  Unless a collection is particularly good, I’d rather get original recordings so that I’ll have a feel for the original.

What I’m looking for is something to use for wood-shedding at home.

Thanks.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Rob_U

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »

The "Wow Worship" series is a good place to start - there  are some cover versions on there, but most are original.

Craigg

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 05:50:04 AM »

Some of the artists who are writing most of their own materal and whom I would consider "obligatory listening" are..

Chris Tomlin (though many of his songs are in congregationally "unfriendly" keys - too high)
Paul Baloche
Matt Redman
Tim Hughes

Another great place to get ideas is to go to CCLI and see what artists/songs are in the top 25.   I think that can be a useful barometer for picking artists/material for library building.

Craig

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." --Johann Sebastian Bach.

www.craigdouglasgephart.com
Brim

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »

Hillsong & Hillsong United albums are great as well. Also check out Phil Wickham.

living in grace

/// Interested in a TRex FT Jr. modded PT Mini pedal board? I can build it for you! ///
CRBMoA

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:21:56 AM »

Lindell Cooley is great. His bassist on "Freedom" is a monster.
Out of Cooley's church in Pensecola came Jessie Rogers, and her "Out of the Fire" will bring you to tears if you have a pulse. She wrote "There is a River" and "Come Down".

Rich Mullins, "A Liturgy, A Legacy and a Ragamuffin Band", IMHO, one of the greatest expressions of love and worship, top to bottom, ever recorded in a studio!

My 0.02.

2 Cor 10:5
SavnBass

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 07:23:42 AM »

Anything by

Hilsongs
Israel & New Breed
Lakewood
Chris Tomlin
 along with stuff from
Mercy Me
GM Smith
Matt Redman

Just to name a few.... there are so many great ones out there...

OnePlace|ChristChapelChurchWoodbridgeVa
Satan doesn't care if you believe the lie as long as you doubt the truth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: