Worship Bass
September 22, 2017, 03:23:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: So what gear do you use at worship?  (Read 60948 times)
Jong Lee
Administrator

« on: September 05, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »

What gear do you guys use at worship?

Me, I usually play my Lakland 4-94 deluxe through the church's Ampeg 4x8 combo. I've grown to like the tone of the 4x8 alot over the years.
DoctorNik

Hello Everybody!

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:23:28 PM »

g&l trib l2k through Eden Nemisis 1x15 combo with one of various pedals

our once a month gig (called Times of Refreshing, an ecumenical service consisting of up to 8 local evangelical churches), I play the Washburn AB10 ABG through an old YS Bloc 80b 1x15 combo

two different styles of worship, two different set ups..

once in awhile, i'll pull out the gibson LP special,,, love that mahogany vibe!!

Brim

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »

Dingwall Afterburner-II 5-string, Eden wt550 head, Eden D210xst cab, Boss TU-2 pedal tuner. Sound engineer takes a line out of my Eden head.

Oh...and Bayou Audio cables, Butch makes some great cables.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 08:25:03 PM by Brim » Logged

living in grace

/// Interested in a TRex FT Jr. modded PT Mini pedal board? I can build it for you! ///
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »

I play a Zon Sonus Custom fretless 5 on Sunday morning, a Nordstrand SC5 on Sunday night and some Wednesday nights, on other Wednesday nights, I will bring one of my other basses. I play a Cirrus 6 for choir and youth services.

I run these through an EA iAMP 800 and a Schroeder 1210.

The Zon

The Nordstrand

The Cirrus

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:45:50 PM by embellisher » Logged
Jong Lee
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:59:57 AM »

I keep telling myself, "Thou shalt not covet"  Smiley

Grant

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:03:49 PM »

I play a Carvin LB75 into an eden nemeis 210.

Grant
embellisher

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »

I keep telling myself, "Thou shalt not covet"  Smiley

Grin
Brim

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 04:50:24 PM »

Wow!! That bass looks killer. I have yet to try some really high-end boutique basses - I would love to play some Foderas, MTDs, Nordstrands, Alembics, etc. The closest shop near me is a 2 hour drive to Orlando (Bass Central). I do have a Dingwall though so I guess that counts (awesome sound)! Hehe.

living in grace

/// Interested in a TRex FT Jr. modded PT Mini pedal board? I can build it for you! ///
embellisher

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 12:54:54 AM »

Wow!! That bass looks killer. I have yet to try some really high-end boutique basses - I would love to play some Foderas, MTDs, Nordstrands, Alembics, etc. The closest shop near me is a 2 hour drive to Orlando (Bass Central). I do have a Dingwall though so I guess that counts (awesome sound)! Hehe.

Thanks, Brim.

I feel very blessed to have it and the Zon. Well, I am blessed to own several nice basses, but these are the ones I would keep if I needed to sell everything else. Carey Nordstrand is a true artist, and my Zon gets the sound 'I hear in my head'.

I would love to have a Dingwall, but I am afraid that if I got one, once I got used to the comfort and even sound of the fanned frets, that I would quit playing all of my other basses.
Brim

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »

You could sell the Zon and Nord combined and come up with enough for Dingwall Z or maybe a Prima!! Those Dingwalls are crazy expensive...I guess it the supply / demand thing again. The Afterburner models are a bit more affordable but still pretty up there. I have to say that it's the best instrument I've used in all my years of playing (14 or so on bass) - it's just such a joy to play, especially for the Lord. The fanned frets look intimidating at first but your hand gets used to it within hours. It's very comfy.

I really love the sound Manring gets in his recordings with his fretless Hyperbass - does your Zon Sonus come close to that (minus the peizo body pickups of course that Manring thumps and bumps like a drum)?

living in grace

embellisher

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »

My Zon has the piezo bridge pickups, but of course, not the body pickups.

It gets the Hyperbass sound. Among any other fretless sound I can imagine. With the dual soapbars, three band preamp, and two band on the piezos, the array of tones is mind boggling.

Too bad I can't PLAY like Michael. Undecided
Stock R

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »

Bass:
-TBC 400JJ - I use this bass just randomly every once in a while
-Brice HXB-405 - The bass I usually use since it's my only 5 string and some people liking changing keys all the time  Angry
-SX P-bass - I'm really starting to dig the P-bass sound along with flatwounds

Amp:
-Fender Rumble 60? - Church amp that I usually use since it's already there
-Yamaha BBT500+Ampeg Portbass 1x12 - For the days I need a little more oomph.
Brim

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »

-Brice HXB-405 - The bass I usually use since it's my only 5 string and some people liking changing keys all the time  Angry

You will find a 5-string very useful in the worship setting. I can keep my left hand in one position for the entirety of some songs!

living in grace

embellisher

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 12:12:42 AM »

You will find a 5-string very useful in the worship setting. I can keep my left hand in one position for the entirety of some songs!

That is so true! A low B is indispensable when playing at church. With all of the songs in Eb, Ab, etc, it is almost necessary. And I love the fact that I can play F at the sixth fret instead of the first fret.

Welcome to WorshipBass, Stock R!
Elizabeth Albrecht
Laying down lows for the Lord...

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »

As some people know, I play a Shergold Marathon Mk 1 vintage through a embedded PA in the lecture theater we use as a meeting hall.

'Praise Him with strings' Psalm 150
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: