Worship Bass
September 22, 2017, 03:33:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Why this site?  (Read 11009 times)
Jong Lee
Administrator

« on: October 16, 2007, 08:13:11 AM »

Three "ships" brought this site together - stewardship, fellowship, and worship.

The Lord has blessed me beyond what I deserve, beyond what I had envisioned, and beyond what I have earned. He has also bestowed on me stewardship of these blessings. This site is just a miniscule attempt to repay My Redeemer, and to use the resources he has blessed me with to further His kingdom. I am truly humbled to be able to do this for Him. Thanks be to God for this opportunity!

I also felt called to address a need for Chrisitan bassists to fellowship in an online community that supports our beliefs. Where other forums discourage Christianity, this site encourages it. The goal of this site isn't to be a "hideout" for Christians from the outside world, but instead to be a refueling station where we can build each-other up so that that we may do His work in the world. Please use this site to build each other up through prayer, counsel, education, and encouragement.

Most of all this is a place to worship our Creator and Redeemer. A place to freely sing the praises of our Lord as a community. Praise Him, honor Him, glorify and exalt His holy name!

Thanks to those who pray for this site and support it. I, for one, am excited to see the way our Lord will use this site.
Rob_U

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 08:53:59 AM »

Hi Jong,

I'm new to this site and I haven't yet thanked you for hosting it. You're doing a great job, and everyone here is certainly in my prayers for both their contributions to this site, and their service to the Lord through music.

The refueling metaphor has been used in our church recently in the same way. We are called to be in this world, but not of it, so as you say we cannot "hideout", but we do need to have fellowship with other Christians.

We have nothing that did not come from Him, this site included, and nothing we have earned. Let this small community continue to strengthen our worship of our Lord, and let us serve each other in his example, so we may serve better at church and in the world.

Rob

Mick D

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »

Hi Jong,

I want to thank you as well. I go to several forums on a regular basis for research. Unfortunately, most of them are populated by swaggering bullies, insufferable know-it-alls, and those whose vocabulary could really use some expansion.
It's rare that I get to come to some place where I don't necessarily need to be well armored, thick skinned, and eternally defensive.

Thanks for the oasis,
Mick

God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called
DoctorNik

Hello Everybody!

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 03:54:33 PM »

yes,, thanks again.
It's exciting to see the site grow and get more active

2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »

Hello Jong, This is an awesome site you have created here. Thank You. I feel so blessed that the Lord lead me to this site so that I to may somehow be a part in helping it to grow, education, and bring Glory to our God in heaven.

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:28:50 PM »

Jong, another thank you from me, for this forum.

I find it a refuge that I can go to when I am tired out by all of the abuse that Christians are faced with on other forums out there.

It is a place of refreshing, much like the altar is a place of refreshing for our souls, when lifes worries, cares, and temptations get us down.

May God richly bless you for this service that you are providing for like minded bassists, and may God richly bless this forum.

Thank you, Lord, for this place!
gregorybrucecampbell

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:28:26 AM »

NICE!!!

i was led here by embellisher's link on talk bass!

looking forward to participating!

gregory bruce campbell
aikakone

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »

Wonderful site!  I love the vibe here.  I also came through someone's signature link on Talk Bass, but I forget who.  It was probably someone who plays a Spector as I was looking at those last night.
rjohnsongroove

May the Lord bless & protect us all

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »

I was led here by embellisher's link on talkbass.
embellisher

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 01:14:22 AM »

I was led here by embellisher's link on talkbass.

Cool! Another 'convert'. Grin
GSPLBASSDC

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

'Sup Everyone!!!

This is D.C., but if you've frequented TalkBass, GospelChops, or ChristianForums, then you probably know me as GSPLBASSDC.

Good to see Jong, Embellisher, and a bunch of other "defectors" (lol). I remember when TB was considering a Worship-themed thread, but it got shouted down....glad to see that Christ had other plans!!

Thank God for each of you who have accepted His calling to "praise Him with the stringed instruments..." I know He's pleased..

God Bless ya, and we'll be talking!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 04:30:22 PM by GSPLBASSDC » Logged

Faith-fully slappin' the taste out 'cho mouth since 1996
Rudyboy98

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »

Wow.

Jong's words resonate with me, even as I type these words.

I too, was led here by Embellisher on Talkbass!

May God continue to bless you.  I hope you'll accept lil' ol' me on this site.  To God be the glory.

It's awesome to be part of something new and fruitful.  Hope to grow wiser in the Lord (*and on the bass as well!...since I can't grow any taller physically...argh!  Grin

Rudyboy98
..talent on loan from God-Rudyboy98

Play Louder!!!
embellisher

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 01:44:20 AM »

Welcome, Rudy! Of course we will accept you. Cool
Steve in Austin

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »

Thanks to Jong for the site, and thanks to embellisher for the link.  Looks like lots of kindred spirits here! 

Just getting started in worship music (it takes awhile for Presbyterians to get their act together  Grin  ) and I bet I will get good advice, even if I'm in lurk mode most of the time!

Steve Hanson

no howlin' in church
I Corinthians 13
Corey

My Band Replica (hisreplica.com)

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 12:30:22 AM »

I too found this site through Embellisher-thanks. And thanks to Jong for this site also. I'm known as Ol'Bass'ead over on TalkBass and I really appreciate having a Christian oriented site to go to.

See my bass build at dreamsofluthierie.blogspot.com
myspace.com/corey_reddell
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: