Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:07:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Why this site?  (Read 11067 times)
JohnH

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 05:10:35 PM »

I was led here by embellisher's link on talkbass.

I was led here by Grace.

Well, embellishers post about Grace, and her bass.  Wink

And His Grace too! Cheesy

"God hears the song in your heart."
"Yeah.  But we have to hear you play."
Why Skill Really Does Matter - Ken Boer and Pat Sczebel
1954bassman

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »

Never knew who to thank, so Jong, thanks!

Really nice work, BTW

Bass with Grace
Buffordbass

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »

I guess Grace and embellisher are responsible for a lot of us wondering over to this site...
Glad to see a great place for us to go to re-charge the batteries!!
JohnH

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »

Thanks to Jong for the site, and thanks to embellisher for the link.  Looks like lots of kindred spirits here! 

Just getting started in worship music (it takes awhile for Presbyterians to get their act together  Grin  ) and I bet I will get good advice, even if I'm in lurk mode most of the time!

Steve Hanson

no howlin' in church
I Corinthians 13

Steve, let me welcome a fellow member of "the Frozen Chosen". 

I think it's 4-5 years now that my Presbyterian church has had a contemp service - and it was a struggle to get there and it's still at 0830 before any teenagers are even out of bed on a Sunday. 

I think you'll find a decent percentage of your congregation very accepting and encouraging and attending!

Oh, and I followed Embellishers link over here from that other bass forum.

And...THANKS JONG!!!!  There are unique things that we face as Christian musicians that just couldn't be intelligently, prayerfully discussed anyplace else but here.  THANKS AGAIN!!

"God hears the song in your heart."
"Yeah.  But we have to hear you play."
Why Skill Really Does Matter - Ken Boer and Pat Sczebel
roscoekid

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »

My hats off to everyone involved in the making of this site. Good job with a good message.

Acts 17:6 - These that have turned the world upside down have come.
P-Cha

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »

embellisher is a real blessing... i also found this site because of him...  Grin
and i also want to thank jong for hosting this site..
i believe that we all have one vision and that is to spread HIS words.... Grin

godbless you all...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:40:44 PM by P-Cha » Logged
capnsandwich
I'm probably a better bassist than you.

future "world's best bassist"

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 12:41:32 AM »

I can't remember how I found this place. All I know is that I'm here now. Grin It's great to talk to people about church bass player related issues instead of always talking about bar gigs and club situations. I think I've learned quite a bit about my tone in a church setting and how to tweak it from many brothers and sisters in here and in the TB P&W thread I'm active in. Very knowledgeable people in both places. Thanks for giving us this refuge.

jefisipbata

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 01:04:38 AM »

I was led here by embellisher's link on talkbass.

I was led here by Grace.

Well, embellishers post about Grace, and her bass.  Wink

And His Grace too! Cheesy

same here.

lucas2bass

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »

just wanna thank for the one who led me here...God Bless you all Grin
_Wes
learning bass. . .

Fretless - JOY!

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »

Very cool site!

I saw a link on TB as well.  Smiley

I see lots of familiar faces. . . er, uh, avatars here!  Smiley

I run a couple of sites as well - extendedrangebassist.com & fretlessbassist.com - and others. 

This is a cool site!  Thanks!!

bajagill

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 05:48:15 PM »

I followed someone's link here too.....been so long I don't remember, prob from TB boards. I haven't been on alot just b/c I end up spending too much time goofing on the 'net instead of learning and/or practicing. I hope to get to know you folks better and pray that more folks find this site and use it as Jong intended. In His service, Alvin

Dr. C ? Roll Eyes
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »

Welcome, Alvin! Cool
SavnBass

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 07:06:13 PM »

I just stumbled upon this place from a link in embellisher's sig at the TB forum...

OnePlace|ChristChapelChurchWoodbridgeVa
Satan doesn't care if you believe the lie as long as you doubt the truth.
Elsie8687

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »

Looks like an interesting, informative, and friendly site -- but curious as to why the traffic is so low.  There are quite a few threads that I could add something to, but won't because so many of them are 3-4 years old.  But the site and the basic premise on which it is based is solid, so I'll hang in for a while to see if the activity picks up.
Freakbassman

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 08:08:35 PM »

Hello. I came across this site and thought I'd check it out. As Christians we all know our talents came from Yeshua himself. He took the time and energy to create us all. Whether we acknowledege Him or not He made us all. 1 Cor33 says we should work not for the praises of man but for Him who made us. 1 Chron 25:7 says all temple musicians were trained for the Lord. Sites like this  one alow us as brothers in Yeshua ( that's the name his mother gave him in Hebrew) to help each other to develop our talents so we can be the best for His glory. When we stand in front of Him, and we all will, we'll be able to say we did the best with the talents he gave us. " Well done good and faithful servant" should be our goal to achieve with what we have been given. I like what Rock N' Roll  Hall of Famer Jack Bruce (writer of the worlds most famous guitar line in rock history Sunshine of your Love) said in an interview, "if I don't learn something everyday I feel like I'm dead." He played with people better then himself  and those  not as good as him. He tried to learn something everyday to make himself better. perhaps brothers we should too. Blessings,jim.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: