Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 10:32:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you hang out with members of your worship team?  (Read 5950 times)
Jong Lee
Administrator

« on: March 25, 2009, 11:59:42 PM »

Do you hang out with members of your worship team outside of church?

We used to have a Bible study together, but since we moved across town and other families got other commitments, the study dissolved. It's not that we don't like each-other. We do very much. But, we don't get to hang out together very much anymore.

How about everyone else?
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 06:19:07 AM »

Do you hang out with members of your worship team outside of church?

We used to have a Bible study together, but since we moved across town and other families got other commitments, the study dissolved. It's not that we don't like each-other. We do very much. But, we don't get to hang out together very much anymore.

How about everyone else?
Unfortunately, due to time constraints with everyone's schedule, we don't get together outside of church as much as we might like to. But we do look out for each others welfare as best we can.

For example, when our previous drummer was dealing with some economic and domestic problems, we chipped in to provide him with a gas card and one for groceries.

We have a nice mix of young and old and are pretty close-knit.

We are attempting to plan a get-together at some point and just jam and enjoy some good vittles and just hang out!

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Myers.Bass

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:35:11 PM »

I hang out with several of them (one family who consists of the other bassist, acoustic guitar, drums, and keys) are all best friends and its really weird if I don't see them or talk to them in a day haha...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:36:55 PM by Myers.Bass » Logged
jackthejesusfreak

He Did This For You

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 05:13:20 AM »

We currently have 6 members and I do fellowship with one of the members.  Our ministry is called Celebrate Recovery.  It's an awesome 12 step Christ centered ministry.  The leader of the SA group I go to is also one of our acoustic-electric players in the band.  I see him every Friday at our group and sometimes go to his studio and practice/hang out.

Bass Guitars:
1. Rickenbacker 4004Cii
2. Rickenbacker 4004L
3. Peavey Fury IV
Bass Amps:
2-GK MB115
Trace Elliot Commando 12

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 08:53:40 AM »

The Worship Team members are my closest friends in the body.

2 Cor 10:5
SavnBass

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »

I am involved in a few other projects with other band members.. and some choir members.. Today 20 of us went on a gospel day cruise on The Spirit of Washington.. had a ball ...

OnePlace|ChristChapelChurchWoodbridgeVa
Satan doesn't care if you believe the lie as long as you doubt the truth.
imacman9

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »

Yeah I hang out with a lot of the members of my worship team - its funny because even though I might have different opinions(and argue) about the worship team direction and sound/style with some of the worship team members. I still hang out with those people outside of the ministry.
cdaymude

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »

No, but want to and am trying to facilitate that.  I believe that a team should be tight not only musically but also as friends who support each other.

Elsie8687

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »

You bet.  My wife is a vocalist on one of our praise teams, and we're pretty close outside of church activities  Grin , I'm in a bridge group with a couple of other vocalists, and one of our guitarists and I play in a southern gospel/bluegrass band made up of members from other churches in the area.  You don't have to be in a church to find good Christian fellowship.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: