Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 10:27:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian Band Website  (Read 1937 times)
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« on: September 06, 2009, 09:30:12 PM »

I thought some of you might enjoy checking out this website.

http://www.mychristianbands.com/

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
beautimomma

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:07:40 PM »

Newly formed church, we don't have much money. But we are paying for a bass player?  We have a great sub bass player who does not get paid when he subs in.  Any thoughts?
Child of God

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 06:12:54 AM »

Hello Beautimomma and welcome to WB!  I'm sure you'll find the forum both spiritually & musically uplifting!

Well, one theory says, "a workman is worth his wages."  But I'll caveat that with most of us do it just for love of praising the LORD. 

Once you start paying wages, it becomes a profession and a job.  Jobs have work standards and schedules and require compliance or you're fired.  And then if you're paying one, then you may need to pay all .......

From time to time it can be wise to pay a professional to come in and provide some growth, but that would be a once in a while type thing .... like a workshop or something.

But, with having a "volunteer" P&W Team, they are exactly that--volunteers.  As such, they may or may not have as much "committment/dedication" to the team.

IMHO - it is a church leadership issue.  Making a decision based on God's word & prayer and then following through and making adjustments if needed. 

I hope that all makes sense to you!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: