Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 10:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would YOU do?  (Read 1832 times)
CRBMoA

« on: September 11, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »

OK - You just got asked to lead worship for a weekend conference. It will be you on acoustic, with two other guitar players. You are weary of schlepping a PA and computer/projector gear to lead worship for 20-25 guys.

You will be the lead vocal, play strictly rhythm (you don't make it cry or sing), and you want songs that most people could sing without a lead sheet.

You will be lucky to have an hour to go over songs with the other two guys between now and next Friday.

You want to bring at least 10 songs that you can use, and realize that the Guest Speaker may have a special request, and he may be speaking on warfare.

You are generally a sideman, and play whatever you're asked, so you are brainstorming for charts (cause you don't keep your own songbook, so you can never remember the titles, anyway).

What are the first two or three songs that come to mind?

Thanks in advance.

2 Cor 10:5
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »

First off let me say congratulations on being ask to lead worship for the weekend conference. You say you are weary of your regular job for worship and this might just be God's way of saying (job well done but you need a break) and this change of pace is it.  Grin

I have always thought a great song to open with is "Come, Now Is The Time To Worship"
That song just sounds like an open invitation for everyone to join in the worship.

Another classic that is easy and perfect for a group of three guitarist is "Blessed Be Your Name" It is a great song to be played on acoustic's.

Another suggestion would be "How Great Is Our God". Another great song for acoustic's.

I know these songs have been done over and over but they are songs that are easy to play, everyone is familiar with them and they know all the words.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
SavnBass

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »

I have always thought a great song to open with is "Come, Now Is The Time To Worship"
That song just sounds like an open invitation for everyone to join in the worship.
Another classic that is easy and perfect for a group of three guitarist is "Blessed Be Your Name" It is a great song to be played on acoustic's.
Another suggestion would be "How Great Is Our God". Another great song for acoustic's.
I know these songs have been done over and over but they are songs that are easy to play, everyone is familiar with them and they know all the words.
Dave

Excellent choices .. along with

Shout to the Lord
Draw Me Close
Lord I Give You My Heart
The Lord reigns (Let the Earth Rejoice)

OnePlace|ChristChapelChurchWoodbridgeVa
Satan doesn't care if you believe the lie as long as you doubt the truth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: