Worship Bass
November 19, 2017, 06:50:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A night at the Opry (Grand Ole Opry)  (Read 2093 times)
Eddy

« on: September 14, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »

Last Friday night (September 11th) my good friend, fellow praise band player (as well as a couple other bands), and Pam Tillis guitarist, Todd Woolsey invited my wife and I to join him as guest at the Grand Ole Opry.

We arrived early in order to take a few photos on stage. Todd needed a couple photos with some endorsement items and we wanted some for fun.

The circle part at center stage is part of the original staging from the Ryman Auditorium. Standing on that spot means you're standing were many a legend in country music has stood. So we couldn't resist:

For those who are curious, Todd chose to play a provided amp;

Although there were several amps to choose from, he said the Bad Kat sounded amazing plus he had dialed in his settings previously and had them with him so he can set it up quickly.

I was asked to be the guitar tech once the song list was established (yes that's right he didn't know what songs they were going to play until just a few minutes before the show).
The song list required a change in guitars between songs 1 (strat) and 2 (telecaster).
My job; take the strat away and deliver a tele on cue.

So here we are waiting, just prior to taking the stage:

Moments later, Pam and band are playing their opener for the Opry audience:

Meanwhile, I'm patiently waiting for the final note:

My moment came, and I delivered and exited:

That's Whisperin' Bill Anderson in the white coat and boots. :cool:

Seconds later Todd is rockin' for the camera man with the Telecaster

It was a fun show, I certainly had a blast. It was really great to see such a legendary show from behind the scenes.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
tank

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »

Way too cool !!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Walk by Faith
danders

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:43:59 PM »

That would have been fun.  Interesting about not knowing the song list too much in advance.  At his level though, I suppose he could have done a number of them with little to no warning.  Thanks for sharing, and great pics by the way.

Dave
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »

What an awesome experience Eddy. Also thank you so much for sharing the great pictures with us.

Getting to be back stage of the Grand Ole Opry and standing on the circle in the center of the stage must have been quite a thrill for you. I know it would have been for me.

Your experience there made me think of what a thrill it will be to stand one day in the same circle with Jesus and how awesome that is going to be?  Grin

Again, thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
1954bassman

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »

Thanks for sharing, Eddy.

Mark

Bass with Grace
Pages: [1]
  Print