Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 10:29:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How LOUD is your band? (A follow-up)  (Read 6371 times)
slejhamer

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »

Just wanted to follow up with some good news.

Since my original post and the good advice received here, I've spent a bit of time working with (and sometimes arguing with) the sound people about EQing and how we can boost the overall sound levels without having it turn to mush.  I've been reading a lot about EQ settings myself, esp. the frequency ranges to emphasize or de-emphasize for each instrument in the band mix, and it has been very helpful.  Over the past couple weeks I think we've finally achieved a really decent mix, and people in the congregation have even commented on how crisp we are sounding.

Now we've got other things to work on, like playing skills ... but I'll save that for another thread soon, I think. Cheesy

Mitch
rjohnsongroove

May the Lord bless & protect us all

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 10:54:26 AM »

We have a cage around our drummer as well (he is a John Bonham influenced drummer) We do a 9:30 acoustic service and a 11:15 rock service
imacman9

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 07:51:05 PM »

Just wanted to follow up with some good news.

Since my original post and the good advice received here, I've spent a bit of time working with (and sometimes arguing with) the sound people about EQing and how we can boost the overall sound levels without having it turn to mush.  I've been reading a lot about EQ settings myself, esp. the frequency ranges to emphasize or de-emphasize for each instrument in the band mix, and it has been very helpful.  Over the past couple weeks I think we've finally achieved a really decent mix, and people in the congregation have even commented on how crisp we are sounding.

Now we've got other things to work on, like playing skills ... but I'll save that for another thread soon, I think. Cheesy

Hahahaha I know how you feel! Seriously...   Undecided
I've been to mega churches with a worship band full of professionals, but the sound system was awful everything sounded dull and muddy - anyways....that being said its interesting how the sound mans mix and the musicians skill level really work hand in hand for the overall complete sound.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: