Worship Bass
November 23, 2017, 12:28:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phonic Powerpod 410/S710  (Read 2042 times)
jackthejesusfreak

He Did This For You

« on: November 01, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has this unit and can give me some input?  I entertain in nursing homes and assisted living facilities, which are small venues.  I use a 15 watt Peavey and a 15 watt Fender amp for my vocals and drum machine.  I'm wondering if this system, at the price, might not be a better choice.  It's on sale here and the reviews I've read, everywhere I've checked, are very good, especially for the small venue use.  Any help, direction, or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

http://www.music123.com/Phonic-Powerpod-410---S710-PA-Package-630485-i1395799.Music123

Jack

Bass Guitars:
1. Rickenbacker 4004Cii
2. Rickenbacker 4004L
3. Peavey Fury IV
Bass Amps:
2-GK MB115
Trace Elliot Commando 12

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:33 AM »

The heart of any sound system is the speakers. The reviews were mixed, but reasonable considering the price point.

Garage sales are full of off-brand short production-run gear from small, unsuccessful companies. Sometimes, good gear doesn't sell enough to keep a company in business (have you ever played a Brawley Bass guitar? They are great!). But more often than not, inexpensive + no name = paperweight.

If you had the money to buy it, try it, and then sell it if it doesn't meet your needs, I would say give it a go.

But there is no scenario that has me selling known good gear for a roll of the dice.

Everyone used to rave about Behringer gear being feature laden for the money. But I have never seen Behringer gear stand up to road abuse, with the exception of some feedback destroyers.

YMMV, etc....

2 Cor 10:5
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN692005003

http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVES3000

You might want to consider something more along the line of the above systems. They are a bit more money but I think they are well worth it. Either would work well for what you are wanting to use them for. They would also work at small out door events as well. Also sticking with names such as Fender and Peavey you know you are buying a quality product from a reputable company.
Personally I have looked at the Peavey system for myself to do the same type of thing that you are doing now.

Dave
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 01:51:27 PM by 2bhumble (Dave) » Logged

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: