Worship Bass
November 19, 2017, 06:59:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When Awesome God is weird  (Read 1566 times)
Eddy

« on: February 14, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »

Our worship leader gave us a strange (IMHO) arrangement of Awesome God, the Rich Mullins tune, to play today/Sunday.
For lack of a better way of describing it, it's the Dancing with the Stars version.

Because describing it fully would be next to impossible, I edited down a one minute edit to illustrate the parts - Awesome God - He Reigns, You Are God Alone.

the last part, had a big key change later on to drive it home even further. Our crowd enjoyed it, it was fun to play, but still a touch strange to me.

here's the edited demo:
http://home.comcast.net/~eddyseals/music/DwtSAwesome.mp3

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:10:28 AM »

This post reminded me of a service I attended about a month ago at a church that I have been attending on Saturday evening's since about last October.

The title of the teaching for this particular evening was "You Are Not Weird".

The worship band (which I really do like) opened with a secular song that actually surprised me to hear it in a church setting. The song was "Crazy Train" by "Ozzie Osborne"  Shocked   The tempo was much slower then the original and the style was more jazzy instead of rock.

Long story short; The pastor did a good job of tying the words from Crazy Train into his teaching and the title to this post "When Awesome God is weird" made me think of that. 

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:55:21 AM »

Okay, maybe strange and maybe weird, but I like it!
Nicely done.
It expands everyone, congregation and WT's musical horizons.    That can be tricky but but not a bad thing.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: