Worship Bass
April 18, 2014, 01:06:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound board training  (Read 3108 times)
netpirate2003

Holdin' up the low end for the big man.

« on: December 03, 2007, 04:11:09 AM »

My church is sponsoring our 3 pt time sound tech to go to a seminar in Ft. Myers Fl. to better figure out all these knobs and sliders.  How cool is that I ask you?  And I am one of the people that get to attend.  If your interested here's the link:

http://www.AudioSeminar.com
info@AudioSeminar.com

Were going at the end of January.

E

If you wanna make God laugh tell him your plans.
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »

Now that is cool. I am going to mention it at church.
 Good luck and I know it will be an awesome experience for you.

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
Rob_U

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:56:10 AM »

It would be great if our church were to send the sound guys to training like that. The other option is to have the one person who really knows what he's doing teach a class. At my previous church, one of the musicians paid a pro that he knows to teach a class like that - unfortunately only a couple of the musicians showed up, and none of the sound people.

Rob

G-sound

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 02:24:51 PM »

I'm the lead audio/media tech for my church.  I took 3 techs to this seminar several
weeks ago in Virgina.  It's intense and you don't get everything, but it was well worth
the time and money.  Try to go even if you have to pay for it personally.  They have a
lower cost option where you can sign up as an observer and listen in on what he hands-on
people are doing.  It's not the same as actually doing the work, but it might fit in the
budget better.

I'm planning on having my media people go to the new media seminar this company has
created if it comes around next year.

Glenn
ThePez
servant

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 04:52:48 PM »

sweet!  i know a few people i would like to send to this.   Roll Eyes

Marc
outlander03

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »

Our music director and sound girl are taking the class in San Antonio.  They're also taking their spouses for the video training. 
oldrookie

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 03:46:23 AM »

G-Sound,
You said, "You don't get everything." 

Could you clarify?  What was not presented that you felt should have been?

I note that they are looking for a host site in Indy and am contemplating trying to get this set up at our church.  Trying to do my homework before proceeding to the church board with the idea.

Thanks,

Joel
G-sound

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:57:19 AM »

Joel,

I'm really sorry for not getting back here sooner.  Between work and vacation, I forgot all about checking back here.

What I meant was that you don't absorb everything that's presented.  Bad choice of words on my part.  There's so much information that you really need to choose just a few things to focus on.

I really do recommend the seminar for new techs as well as intermediate level techs.  There's still probably something for those with a lot of experience, but they'd probably feel more useful as coaches to rookies.

Hope this helps.

Glenn
Incognitus
Bass Player of the Frozen Chosen

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »

I really wish more musicians would take those kind of courses or at least take the time to learn how sound systems work and how rooms and materials affect them. I have seen soooooo many occasions where the sound system is maxed out and distorting because no one has it set right. I used to double as sound guy when I played bass in high school Worship. Head aches galore.

"What do you mean there's to much treble, and what the heck are mids"

Praising God with talent on loan.
bajagill

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:08:29 AM »

"What do you mean there's to much treble, and what the heck are mids"

Shocked ......not

Dr. C ? Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: