Worship Bass
November 17, 2017, 02:24:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from El Paso Texas  (Read 3263 times)
Child of God

« on: May 10, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »

Hello brothers and sisters!

I'm Carl W. Carlson, from El Paso, TX.  I play bass for our P&W team at a small church called Fil-Am Life in Christ, a nondenominational, Christian church here in ELP mostly for the small filipino community.  We are "overseen" by our mother church, "Heart for the World" pastored by Dale Walker (Yes, Tommy Walker's brother) in Las Cruces, New Mexico.  I'm retired Army, married to lovely filipina named Girlyn, and love being used by God to lead others to a place closer to Him. 

I played bass in classic rock bands and jazz bands back in the 70's and 80s - but then quit for a long time - and got back into playing again in 2003.  I was asked to join our worship team back in 2007, so I haven't been playing live for a LONG time, but I must say that it came back pretty quick.  Took a lot of practice and a lot of prayer, but when He wants us to do something for His glory, He makes it happen!

So, it's nice to be in touch with other Christian bass players to fellowship and learn.

Be Blessed!

Child of God

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
tank

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »

Howdy Carl,   Cheesy
I'm a Texan from just east of San Antonio in a little town called La Vernia.  Welcome to Worship Bass!!!!  I am sure you will enjoy being part of this forum.  The folks here are down to earth and don't mind people asking questions or giving advise.  And sometimes there's even some good natured ribbin' going on!  I played drums and bass in a few little bands down here in south Texas and started playing for the Lord about 10 years ago.  Now I'm in a little band that plays Bluegrass,  Gospel,  a little old rock and country with a religious flavor to it.  We call ourselves 4 B's and a C.  (4 Baptists and a Catholic) 
 I have a son stationed out at Ft. Bliss (for you folks who don't know, Ft. Bliss is just outside of El Paso) who is currently in Iraq. Another in the Army in Alaska and two in the Navy..
I'm ex -active duty Air Force so here's a great big THANKS for your service to our great country and an even greater THANKS for your service to the LORD!!!!!!!

Tank

Walk by Faith
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 12:09:42 PM »

Welcome Carl. Good to have you with us on this most special little corner of the web.

It's great that you are playing again after some time off and now stroking notes for the Lord. Can't get any better than that!
Larry

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Child of God

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »

Thanks Tank & Mainsail.

Tank, and thank you to you & your kin!  Not everyone can or will do what your sons are doing.  Gee .... I was just up in Fairbanks back in November.  Now them some real Soldiers up there!

Mainsail, it is good.  I never would have figured it ... but He puts us where He wants us!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »

Hello Carl,

The breif tesimony that you gave was almost like reading my own tesimony.

Welcome to WB Carl and I look foward to getting to know you better.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
Child of God

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Dave. 
Well I quit playing way back 'cause I was a young man with a family and in the military ... blah, blah, blah.  But a few years ago, my youngest daughter wanted to try to learn to play bass, so bought one in Korea.  But mom said "No ... not yet."  So I had this bass .... LoL.  That's all it took to start me up again.

But ending up on a P&W team in a filipino church was way off the radar.  But it has been such a blessing and growth experience.  Doesn't He put us in places sometimes?!?!  I am glad that it is God who's in charge, 'cause if it were me ... Yikes!

Carl

mousekillaz

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »

Howdy Tex

After careful thorough meticulous exacting examining scrutinizing reviewing and postulating I have concluded that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Fortunately, for me,  God does!  Paul R.
Child of God

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »

Hey Mousekillaz!

The Lone Star State -- a great place to be!  ('cept a lot of people would say El Paso is a different state! LoL)

Glad to meet you!

Carl

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: