Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 12:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Most Played vs the Least Played  (Read 7889 times)
jackthejesusfreak

He Did This For You

« on: May 25, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »

1.  Which bass in your stable is played the most?

2.  Which one is played the least?

3.  Is your most played the most expensive one?

4.  Is your least played the least expensive one?

Bass Guitars:
1. Rickenbacker 4004Cii
2. Rickenbacker 4004L
3. Peavey Fury IV
Bass Amps:
2-GK MB115
Trace Elliot Commando 12
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »

My most played would be my 1975 Fender Jazz.

Least played would be my 1964 Framus Star Delux.

My guess would be that the Fender is worth more but I saw some old Framus basses on ebay going for some big bucks.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
dano

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »

Most played is likely my Jazz followed very closely by my G&L JB2.
Least played right now is my Ibanez SR505
tank

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:04:31 PM »

My most played would be a close call  between the Fender P-Bass Special and the Squier J-Bass fretless.  My least played would probably be my Squier P-Bass with the Sonata Acoustic Electric and the Dean Stylist Archtop just above that. The Yamaha BBN5 5 string gets a little playing between all of them.  I guess the cheapest (Squire P-Bass) does get played the least and it's a tie between my most expensive and the mid level fretless.  Gig wise it would be the fretless J-Bass getting the majority of playing time at the moment. Smiley

Walk by Faith
Eddy

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:03:14 AM »

1.  Which bass in your stable is played the most?
It can vary from time to time. Right now it would be my Peavey TL-Five.

2.  Which one is played the least?
It'd be my ABG

3.  Is your most played the most expensive one?
Good question. Are you asking about the original purchase price or the current resale value?
I probably spent more for my fretless than any other bass, but the TL-Five is probably second.
As for resale, Peavey basses are just now beginning to be recognized and their resale price beginning to rise. IMHO, for a seller, Peavey basses have not been kind in the resale market.

4.  Is your least played the least expensive one?
No. My least expensive bass is an Epiphone Les Paul that my wife gave me for my birthday. It gets played quite a bit at home. It sits right beside my computer and I use it to learn lots of the material I play. It doesn't get played out as much, simply because it's not a versatile as my TL-Five or my Fender P-Bass.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
oldrookie

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 07:53:50 AM »

1.  Hard to say. I pick up the one that speaks to me when I walk in the room.  Most often that's the G&L GL2500, but the SX fretless sounds really good with some country stuff I'm working (Crazy by Patsy Cline just demands the fretless.)  The Foundation sounds good with about anything.

2. Least played is my TBC AP500M.  I like the bass, but it is more musicmanish.  Can be clanky, which works for a lot of stuff, but not all.  This is not counting the Fury right now, since is it unplayable until I get the refinish done.

3. No, the SX is the cheapest, while the TBC is second most expensive.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:28:43 AM by oldrookie » Logged
mousekillaz

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »

I am pretty monogamous ... Ibanez SR-500  the SR305DX is up for sale

After careful thorough meticulous exacting examining scrutinizing reviewing and postulating I have concluded that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Fortunately, for me,  God does!  Paul R.
1954bassman

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 12:07:24 PM »

My most played bass by far is my G&L L2500 fretless. Least played? right now it is my L5500 G&L, but I am getting ready to take it to church and leave it there for a while. going by what I paid for them, the L2500 is not my most expensive bass nor is my L5500 the cheapest.

Bass with Grace
dieselbass

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »

Ibenez 5'er
Rickenbacker
fender fretless
Ibenez musican

Ric is the most as it's also been customized Seymore Duncan bridge pu and Badass bridge
Fender is the cheapest
embellisher
Holy Ghost filled Bass Player

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 09:00:25 PM »

My most played? Well, I am currently playing my Nordstrand SC5 and my new Conklin GT-7 about equally. Probably because the Conklin is new, and also because I am trying to learn to deal with a seventh string.

My least played? All of my four bangers rarely get played. Of those, probably the Peavey T-40 gets the least action. I bought it out of nostalgia(a black T-40 was the first bass I ever paid for myself) and after playing it a few times, remembered the many reasons I traded the black one years ago.

My Nordstrand is the most expensive bass that I own. The Conklin is probably fifth in cost.

The T-40 isn't anywhere near the cheapest bass that I own. I have an SX P copy that I bought new for $109, and an Electra P copy (70's, AWESOME BASS!) that I got for $59 at a local music store about 3 years ago. They both see much more action than the T-40, which is to say I play them at church once or twice a year.
fret not

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »

Most played: Carvin BK4AFL - 4 string, active, fretless, left-handed, most expensive.

Least played: Peavey Millennium BXP - 4 string, passive, fretted, right-handed converted to piccolo left, least expensive.

I rarely gig my Peavey, and never play a piccolo bass in church. It's a great bass, it's just that:
  1)  I need a good octaver to play it in church
  2)  I am thoroughly addicted to fretless Cheesy
fretlessguy

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »

1. Most expensive: Was a Series 1 Fender Urge (Stu Hamm) Bass, but now a Carvin AC40 Fretless.
2. Least expensive: SX Fretless Short Scale Jazz.
3. Most played: It varies with what I am doing at the time, but usually an Epiphone Allen Woody when the arthritis kicks in or Fretless 96 P Bass when it's not.
4. Least played: 1974 Fender Jazz Bass, for the obvious reasons.

...and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16B
Pudre

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 06:23:04 AM »

Stingray 5. The only one I play.
cdaymude

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »

Warwick Corvette 4 string passive natural honey finish.  The only bass I own.
BluWaterBob

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 07:04:26 AM »

I know this thread has been dormant for a while but it's new to me so here goes, we'll breathe a lil life back in it:

Most Played: Schecter stiletto studio 5 - only had it about 4 months but absolutely love it
Least Played: Washburn B-10 Force ABT -  only because it is a 4.  This was the ONLY bass I owned for about 10 years (.. and thru my 8 year leave of absence from music) ...  Still my Favorite !
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: