Worship Bass
November 19, 2017, 06:58:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What year/ What's it worth?  (Read 1878 times)
CRBMoA

« on: June 17, 2010, 10:34:14 AM »

I was asked by a friend to get an idea of what this thing is worth.

First, can someone tell me what year it is? And, second, what's it worth?

I played it last night. The two lowest C#s stick, but not too badly. I think they can be freed quite easily, but I am unsure of the preferred method.

http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m334/CRBMoA/Rhodes/

Thanks,

cb

2 Cor 10:5
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »

I have no idea what it might be worth but my guess would be it dates back from the mid to late 60's.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
Eddy

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:54:08 PM »

http://www.fenderrhodes.com/models/mark1b.php

Rhodes Mark I (1975-1979)
In late 1975, CBS Musical Instruments decided to drop the Fender name from the Rhodes line of products, in order to establish Rhodes as its own brand. The Rhodes Suitcase Piano and Rhodes Mark I Stage Piano continued to be produced in 73- and 88-key configurations.

Aside from the new logos, there were two main differences between the "Fender Rhodes" and "Rhodes" Mark I pianos: the hammers and the tines. These differences were small ones, but they still had a noticeable impact on the piano's tone. The new hammers were completely plastic, reducing the weight of the piano while retaining the same shape and replaceable Neoprene tips. The tines featured a "swaged" design, tapered in a way that made them 4 times more durable than the previous generation. The combination of these improvements produced the more mellow, less bell-like sound heard on most Rhodes recordings from the late 70's.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
CRBMoA

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »

Wow! Thanks.

2 Cor 10:5
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: