Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:12:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Bass Gigs  (Read 3295 times)
jackthejesusfreak

He Did This For You

« on: July 26, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »

I've started doing something that works well and gives me the opportunity to get more use out of my axes.  I bought a nice Hercules double stand and take both my Rickenbacker and Hofner to our Tuesday night Celebrate Recovery ministry.  We play 6 songs, 4 up beat and 2 mellow for the offering and altar call.  I use the Rickenbacker for the 4 up and the Hofner with La Bella flats on it for the mellow songs.  Works out nice. 
Jack

Bass Guitars:
1. Rickenbacker 4004Cii
2. Rickenbacker 4004L
3. Peavey Fury IV
Bass Amps:
2-GK MB115
Trace Elliot Commando 12

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:26:13 PM »

I never get the opportunity to switch basses. It is rare even for our guitarists to get that chance. Now in my CCM band it is different, there are always changes but I never have need. Glad that works for you, it sounds like a great situation Smiley
jackthejesusfreak

He Did This For You

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »

I never get the opportunity to switch basses. It is rare even for our guitarists to get that chance. Now in my CCM band it is different, there are always changes but I never have need. Glad that works for you, it sounds like a great situation Smiley

The only reason it works is I have each bass poised with cables attached, in the stands.  We play one call to order upbeat song 5 minutes before the service starts.  After announcements and the 12 step reading, we play 2 more upbeat.  After that our lead singer calls for the offering and prays before we start the offering song.  I have plenty of time, while that is going on, to switch.  After the offering song, we depart and there is a lesson given or a testimony.  After the testimony, we come back and do the altar song.  After the altar song, there is closing comments, announcements, and reading of the Serenity Prayer.  Then we play a closing song.  I have plenty of time, during that break, to change again.  Without that order, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Jack

Bass Guitars:
1. Rickenbacker 4004Cii
2. Rickenbacker 4004L
3. Peavey Fury IV
Bass Amps:
2-GK MB115
Trace Elliot Commando 12

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »

I always think to take  my P and J to the service so I can use the P for the slow songs but I am too lazy to do it  Grin  so what I do is favor the neck pickup... IMO the mellow songs need a fuller  tone.
Child of God

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 07:25:03 AM »

I've started bringing two basses as well ... not only as back-up ... but to switch over for certain songs.  Axe #1 is an Aria Pro SB-RI with Rotosound Swing 66s (roundwounds) and axe #2 is a 1984 Peavey Foundation with some flatwounds on it (not sure what they are).  As you can imagine, they provide two very different acoustics.   Wink

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
1954bassman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »

I almost always carry two basses, usually a fretted and fretless, but sometimes a fretless electric and fretlless ABG.

Bass with Grace
argracia

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »

I always have 2 basses on stage.. I use the SWR Marcus Miller pre that allows me to plug in both and switch as needed. I play an Ibanez DWB555 and an Ibanez EDB555.. Do the same when I am playin guitar.. always have abackup at the ready!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: