Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 10:39:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Kamloops (Canada)  (Read 1868 times)
fret not

« on: August 10, 2010, 02:51:15 PM »

Hello, everyone. My name is Wesley, and I'm pleased to be able to join this forum. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a part of a community where we all share the common goals of musical excellence and bringing glory to our Father. It's an awesome privilege being called by God to lead His children closer to His heart.

I've been playing the bass for 12 years, the last 6 of which have been at 12 Stones Chapel at Thompson Rivers University. The last 3 years I've played exclusively fretless. I was looking for information on fretless tapping excercises and saw embellisher's link on Talk Bass. Thanks, embellisher. Smiley

There's the short version. I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks here.
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »

Hello Wesley and welcome to WB. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we are thrilled to have you as part of our community of musicians that use our gifts to honor and praise the Lord.

Sometimes I think we need to give embellisher a reward for all of the members that have been led to this site from the post on Talk Bass.

Please feel free to post any comments or questions you may have and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Dave   

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
Child of God

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 05:55:25 AM »

Welcome Wesley! 
It is awesome to play music to the LORD and help others do the same - and it's also awesome to have a forum for us to fellowship and learn as Christian musicians. 

God Bless You!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:05:13 AM »

Welcome Wesley to our most special little corner of the web.
This site has been a unique blessing to me since I found it.
Enjoy.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
fret not

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »

Thanks for the nice reception. I would also say that this has been a 'unique blessing' to me, even in the short time I've been around.
fretlessguy

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:35:01 PM »

Welcome, Wesley. It is good to have another fretless fan here. Nothing else like them. Glad to see you using your talent to glorify God.

Doug

...and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16B
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: