Worship Bass
September 22, 2017, 03:20:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Schecter Basses  (Read 5584 times)
Child of God

« on: August 20, 2010, 11:47:52 AM »

Hello all!

I'm in the market for a back-up bass and am considering a Schecter Omen Extreme.  Haven't played one yet, but I did play another model the other day for just a minute (I was in a hurry!) and it seemed OK for a low priced instrument.

Any of you have any experience with Schecter?

Thanks!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
1954bassman

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

I have owned a couple of Schecters in the past, and I feel like they are some of the better Korean basses out there. I owned a C5 and a California Custom

Bass with Grace
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 04:26:02 PM »

I had a Stiletto Studio 5-sting for a few years, and I was really impressed with it.  I felt it was a much better bass than the Rickenbacker 4001 and Steinberger XP-2 basses I had in the 80s and 90s.  The only reason I sold it was because the neck wasn’t working for me.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Child of God

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:07:09 AM »

Thanks Wayne and Bassman!  I appreciate your input!

Praise Him in all things!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
fret not

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »

Hello, Carl. I've never "owned" a Schecter, but I did borrow one from my brother-in-law for many years.  Wink  It was a diamond series 5-string. I've played a few other Schecters in music stores, and I can say that the fit and finish, sound and playability have been consistently very good, especially for the price. Although I don't recall playing an Omen, I would highly recommend Schecter in general. That's my two bits.

Wesley
Child of God

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 07:44:04 AM »

Thanks Wesley!   Smiley  A couple other people I actually spoke to have the same opinion -- which leads me to believe that for a back-up bass at a good price -- it sounds like a good choice.  I'll have to go down to the Guitar Center and play one for a while and then decide. 

Carl

QuintrKD

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »

Don't hesitate to try it out.

I've still got my 4-string Fretted Diamond Series California Custom, this one made in Korea.  I got it as new, old stock for $400, and it was a bargain.  FYI, it's got a modern, rather than classic tone.  Active electronics, passive pickups.  It's strength is definitely in Slap and the chime-like tones that you get in the upper range.  I use it a lot as a backup bass and sometimes when I need a little more attention devoted to vocals rather than my fretless intonation.  I've gotten a lot of compliments on it's tone in worship, especially when I use the Sansamp as a preamp. 

IMO, Schecters about the best value for the money as you're going to find.
Child of God

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 05:47:24 AM »

QuintrKD,

That's what I'm thinking.  The other thought is another Ibanez.  But since I've already owned one (and was completely satisfied with it) I figure maybe I'll try something different.   Smiley   I tend to like a more "flat" sound, more akin to an upright for worship ... but it's always good to be able to get "brighter" when called for. 

Thanks for the opinion!

Carl

jackthejesusfreak

He Did This For You

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »

Did you buy one yet?  If not, how much were you looking to spend?
Jack

Bass Guitars:
1. Rickenbacker 4004Cii
2. Rickenbacker 4004L
3. Peavey Fury IV
Bass Amps:
2-GK MB115
Trace Elliot Commando 12

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 07:23:44 AM »

Hi Jack,

No ... I have not purchased yet.  I'm having a custom-made truss rod cover made for my Aria that's gonna cost me more than a Schecter!  It'll be really nice:  Black Onyx with 18k gold inlay reading "Dedicated to Elohim Tehillati" (God of My Praise). 

But I was looking at spending about $400 for the Schecter ...

Blessings!

Carl

Eddy

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 02:07:51 PM »

Hello all!

I'm in the market for a back-up bass and am considering a Schecter Omen Extreme.  Haven't played one yet, but I did play another model the other day for just a minute (I was in a hurry!) and it seemed OK for a low priced instrument.

Any of you have any experience with Schecter?

Thanks!

Carl

My fretless is a Schecter. I've had it about 6 years now and I still think it's great.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
Child of God

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »

Wow Eddy - that is nice.  Good lines, looks balanced and if it plays well has a good sound, then it seems like a great value!

(Hmmmm ... thinking maybe it's time for fretless as well .... )

Carl

Eddy

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »

Wow Eddy - that is nice.  Good lines, looks balanced and if it plays well has a good sound, then it seems like a great value!

(Hmmmm ... thinking maybe it's time for fretless as well .... )

Carl

It's a great bass. I played it yesterday. I was extremely happy with the bass in our set. Even on the one rock tune, I was able to coax a Tony Franlin'esque tone out of it.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
Xylifrost

ground control

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »

I dont doubt they look great - and the design is ace. It is the implimentation I cant get on with.

Lakland and Sadowsky jazz basses are wonderful.

For affordable luxury cars rentals in Atlanta visit my private service.
BluWaterBob

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »

Alright, I KNOW this is an OLD post, But I just felt the need to "chime in"...   I laid down my bass(s) about 9years ago after some very discouraging times (musically) and didn't touch it till about 4 months ago.   Sold off everything but one rig and one axe, the Washburn B-10 Force Bass.   I have small hands and that one was my fav. playability wise.  Anyway, I got very active in our new church and really felt God nudging me back into it.   Long story short, I was in need of a good quality 5 string and my son (the real musician in the family) suggested the Schecter.    I went down to the music store, tried on out, then picked up a very nice unit on ebay for a great price.....   I've played a lot of basses over the years, i.e. Alembic, 69 Fender jazz, warwick, stienberger... etc.  But this is the nicest one I've ever played....  just fits me perfect and sound wise, will do what ever I want......  just a shame the are outsourced.....  I remember once playing a Jazz with a schecter neck on it.... when all the scheter stuff was still made here at home.

Just my nickle and dime worth !!

Rob
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: