Worship Bass
September 24, 2017, 12:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Projectors  (Read 2611 times)
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

What doesn't kill you will learn from its errors..

« on: October 19, 2010, 10:12:03 PM »

The band has been talking about adding more visual stuff to our shows... we have talked about lights and stuff, but have decided that a projector would best benefit our shows and ministry...  A projector would allow us to project lyrics and stuff and you can also project fun, wild, crazy stuff, etc... 

Anyone use or know much about em?  Guitar player found this... seems to have good functionality at a decent price... anyone have any ideas about projectors?

http://www.officemax.com/technology/projectors-accessories/multimedia-projectors/product-prod3170270

Bobby
My other Bass is a Tuba...
Bassist for "Cry of Stones"
www.myspace.com/cryofstones

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
Eddy

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »

I work with them regularly, I'm a full-time AV-engineer/tech.
However I've never considered myself a video guy, I'm more of an audio/signal path person.

A projector is not a bad idea.
I think I'd want something a little better than the one you linked.
Native resolution is 800x600 on that one, you want at least 1024x768. Also, 2600 lumens would be fine in a dark room, but wouldn't show up real well in a room with plenty of natural light. 3000 lumens would be on the low end of what I would want.
That's not saying it won't work, it'd do the job OK.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
rfclef
Bassist Ordinaire

What doesn't kill you will learn from its errors..

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 05:56:40 PM »

Thanks!  Any experience helps...

Bobby
My other Bass is a Tuba...
Bassist for "Cry of Stones"
www.myspace.com/cryofstones

Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"...
54bassman

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:02:44 PM »

Is anybody using a projector in a traveling (weekend) band? Any recommendations?

The older I get, the less I knew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: