Worship Bass
December 19, 2014, 10:44:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does your worship set last?  (Read 1922 times)
imacman9

« on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »

Average time as follows:

Sunday AM - 35 mins. approx.

Sunday PM - 1 hour approx.

Wednesday PM (Youth Night) 45 mins. approx.

Thursday PM (Worship Practice) 2+ hours approx

That being said...its kinda funny how we put a time limit on our worship to God!
Child of God

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »

We normally do about 45 mins as well.  Sometimes a little more. 

As far as time limits go ... well that's structure for ya.  Most people have the "routine" thing going and make plans according to those time limits.  Personally, I try to keep my entire weekend open ... one, just to be available, and two, to make it easier for the WL to schedule rehearsal times.  I know that is always a difficult thing with people so busy all time.  I have noticed though that once rehearsal is over, everyone seems to bolt for the door.  Just something I've noticed with our team.

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
tank

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »

We generally have 30 minute sets for both the first service which is a blend of traditional hymns and contemporary and the second which is all contemporary.  Then we play the invitation after the sermon. Smiley

Walk by Faith
Eddy

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 09:47:33 AM »

It's typically two, 3 song sweeps.
The first is an opening or call to worship sweep. This is often followed by various other elements which can vary (prayer and sermon/theme introduction, offering, prayer, announcements, communion etc). we play the second sweep the leads to the sermon.

Our service/music is blended, so there have been times that I've played on all of the songs, sometimes only 1 or 2. If none of the songs are contemporary, then we are given the Sunday off.

As of the moment (Friday morning 10:46) I have no idea what, or whether or not I'm playing this Sunday morning.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
cdaymude

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »

1 set 30-40 mins usually.

1954bassman

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »

We rum 45 to 1 hour

Bass with Grace
Elsie8687

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:27:58 PM »

I know I'm not supposed to, but I envy all those who have posted on this subject.  We run a "blended" service and the praise teams are treated as an add-on.  I describe our situation as being a spoonful of contemporary cream in a traditional mug of coffee.  We get to do two congregational pieces at the beginning of the service (gathering music and first hymn slot) and a departing congregational piece at the end of the service.  In between are a choir anthem, an offertory piece by our organist, a 20-minute sermon, etc.  Hmmmm -- just thought of another analogy for us: Contemporary bookends in a traditional library..........(sigh)......   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: