Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:08:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: howdy from Aus  (Read 1932 times)
kael89
That Leigh Guy

« on: November 22, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »

Hiya everyone,

I just found this site through someones sig on a review and i am thoroughly amazed at this community after having a brief look through some of these topics.Before i talk about me i would like to express my admiration for the creator/creators of this community and to its participants. It is quite refreshing and inspiring.

just reading through i only saw american references so i'll point out im from Melbourne, Australia. I am a young guy playing 5+ yrs now. Love bass and thank God that he put it in my hands Smiley I started playing in youth group and quickly became the church's full time bassist 3 services a week. I have also done numerous band projects on the side which have all suffered the usual breakdowns of various kinds before gigging commenced with a few exceptions. 3 church's and an interstate move later and im settling into my new church and facing the decision about whether or not to step back into the bass role for sundays.

i have been saved for 6 yrs and have been enjoying the depth of relationship in Gods teaching. The practice of the prescence of God changed the way i looked at my walk with God and the Lord hasn't yet stopped teaching me and leading me.

Currently i have a yamaha RBX375 5 string bass which has been a treasure however am enthusiastically looking forward to paying out my layby on my new musicman s.u.b 5. I have been backed by a hartke A100 combo which has served me well over the yrs but again looking forward to the upgrade if i can scrape some cash together.

effects wise i run an ME50b with delay, flangeand the occasional delay plus a boss overdrive softly to warm the tone and make it purrr Grin i would reccomend to every bassist evaluating an A/B/Y pedal which i use to run both my effects and straight line so i get all the flavour of the effects and all the warmth and solidarity of the straight signal with no drop out.

thats my 2 cents and introduction  and i look forward to meeting some of the community

The truth? God. There is only God. Everything else can and will change. There is only God.
Child of God

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 06:51:37 AM »

Hello & Welcome kael89 (Leigh)!

I quite agree ... this forum has been a blessing in many ways -- advice, ideas, support, learning, and a little bit of fun every now and then.   Be sure to check out Dave's "daily reflections."

BTW -- I'm Carl, in El Paso Texas, and I'm playing bass for the Lord in a little teeny Filipino church here.

God Bless & Keep You!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
tank

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:04:43 AM »

Howdy back to ya kael89 from another Texan in the bunch.  We're happy you found this site.. It's a blessing believe me.  Far better than alot of those other sites that seem to look down on you when you ask a question.  The folks here are down to earth and happy to answer questions.  But the  biggest thing about the folks here is that they will not hesitate to pray for you when you need it and praise the Lord with ya when things come around.  Cheesy.   

Walk by Faith
oldrookie

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »

Welcome, bud!

Great testimony.  Good to have you among us as a brother and fellow bass player.
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »

Welcome to Worship Bass kael89.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 08:27:36 AM »

Welcome kael89 to our little oasis on the web. And,  welcome to the bass and the family of God our Heavenly Father.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
kael89
That Leigh Guy

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »

thanks for the warm replies everyone Smiley

I believe strongly in the unified believers of Christ and that it is the best foundation for his glory to come and the i can see the part this place helps to play already strengthening me together.

God Bless you all!   

The truth? God. There is only God. Everything else can and will change. There is only God.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: