Worship Bass
September 19, 2017, 04:48:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas service  (Read 2175 times)
kael89
That Leigh Guy

« on: December 12, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »

Was just thinking this time of year many churches are gearing up for xmas services thought id put the question out there if any of you talented bassist have been recruited into the festive season and what is your favourite part of playing xmas services?

mine is always seeing the many new faces in the service of family and friends of the congregation and how many hands are raised at the alter call. always makes my xmas!

The truth? God. There is only God. Everything else can and will change. There is only God.
dano

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »

I opted out this year so I could have more time with my kids. However my favourite part of playing in a Christmas service is watching everyone, believer and non-believer, stand and sing together. It can be quite moving.
Child of God

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 07:28:21 AM »

It is wonderful seeing a full house all worshipping and singing with power.  I suppose part of the reason the congregation sounds so much better is because of the familiarity of songs.  But it really is awesome ... I always love a good arrangement of O Holy Night -- and although it is a tough song vocally, the congregation will sing it with such passion -- and the song keeps building and building ... It can really express the awesome power and majesty of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Thank you Jesus!

Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
chrisfbass

Fivers and Worship Just Go Together!

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:04:59 AM »

Our carol service brings together almost all the worship team. Each year, one of our WLs organises more like a musical director. We will have a complete orchestral section featuring violin, viola, cello and double bass, a woodwind section of clarinets, flutes and an oboe and bassoon. Add to this a brass section made up of trumpets, trombone and a couple of saxophones. The rhythm section will include bass guitar (me), drums and a percussionist. To finish off, there will of course be a couple of guitars, both electric and acoustic.

Big sound, big production, lots of light and shade. Its all done by candlelight (so out with the LED music stand light). I really have to concentrate and play my parts sympathetically. None of the being the anchor man in a 5 piece combo.

Rehearse all afternoon, grab a snack and hallelujah, we’re on . . . 

I can't wait for next Sunday  Grin

And this year it is also on my birthday !!  Cool

Chris
Eddy

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 02:55:04 PM »

I've not been recruited to play any additional services.

We did a lot of Christmas tunes last Sunday (12th). I haven't seen the set-list for this week (19th) yet. I presume it'll be loaded with seasonal tunes as well.

Nashville, like L.A. without a tan!
kael89
That Leigh Guy

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 04:16:25 AM »

ooh sounds like some full on festive services going on Smiley i must say i am kinda thankful not to be enlisted this year.

The truth? God. There is only God. Everything else can and will change. There is only God.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: