Worship Bass
November 18, 2017, 04:10:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G'day from NZ  (Read 1952 times)
matt

« on: January 17, 2011, 06:46:52 AM »

Hey bass cats!

What a great idea for a forum - I've been checking out some posts after finding this a few days ago, and it's very cool to find a site that melds a couple of great passions in my life (and clearly in the lives of others on this forum), Jesus & bass playing!  Cool

I've been on this journey with Jesus since my late teens (20+ years now), and I can't imagine life without him.  Sure, life still has it's fair share of up's and down's, but I'm eternally grateful that I can face both with someone who loves me more than I can fathom.  I feel like Peter when the Lord asked the disciples "You do not want to leave too, do you?”, and Pete said “Lord, to whom shall we go?" (John 6:68).

I live in Auckland, New Zealand (beautiful place) with my wife and 3 sons (beautiful family) - finally back "home" after spending 5 years in England and 10 years in Australia.

Been playing bass since high school, and whilst I've been in bands playing everything from funk to metal, jazz to rock, I've been fortunate to have been involved most Sundays in the last 20 years playing to support people connect with God through musical worship.  I've also been worship leading (primarily from bass) for close to 20 years as well (I'm starting to feel old with all these 20 yr references! Embarrassed), and have been privileged and humbled to lead music teams & ministries on and off over the years.  It's a rewarding, if not sometimes challenging calling (multiple artistic temperaments can be interesting to work with!), but for me the joy of seeing people connect with the eternal through musical worship beats any other gig hands down.

I currently play Lakland basses (44-02 fretted, 44-02D fretless), through Bergantino powered cabs (IP112ER / EX112ER), via various effects (EBS, Tech21, Boss) and an EBS preamp.

Hey, enough of my rambling - I look forward to hanging with you guys, learning from you, and contributing where and when I can.

Peace,

Matt

...in search of the impeccable groove...
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »

Matt

to Worship Bass.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:44:21 AM by 2bhumble (Dave) » Logged

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
matt

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:50 AM »

Cheers Dave.

Hey, I'm really digging your "Today's Verse" thread - know I've only been hanging here a short time, but it's ministering to me - thanks for that.

Child of God

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:42 AM »

Welcome Matt and praise Him!

This is a real good place.  Lot's of good sound advice, a little fun, and spiritual discussion.

God Bless!
Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »

Welcome to our little oasis on the web, Matt.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
matt

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 03:38:48 PM »

Thanks guys, cool to be here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: