Worship Bass
November 22, 2017, 10:17:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Worship Bass

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Birth of a band.....  (Read 1708 times)
tank

« on: January 20, 2011, 07:13:08 PM »

One of the guitarist from the bluegrass/gospel band I'm in, and I have finally took the first step into starting a new band!  We'll be known as the Spies of Jericho.  Our lead guitarist and drummer are both  members of our church's praise band (of which the other guitarist and myself are also members of).  We are doing this because of the love of the Lord and music that we all have.  We'll start out playing covers of contemporary Christian songs that we love and after awhile start putting together some original songs that we come up with.  We have been wanting to do this for about 2 years but things just never seemed to come  around.  We were looking for a drummer and during an unrehearsed music presentation that we staged for a meeting of the Baptist Churches of South Texas we played with this drummer who at that time we didn't know he played.  What really amazed us was that he is in my Sunday Bible study class.  We had no idea!!  After that he became one of the drummers that rotates with the praise band.  We knew that night he was our drummer and we approached him about joining us.  He was just as excited about it as we were.  Pray for us as we try to get things rolling.  It might take us a while but with The Lord's Blessing and guidance I think we will make Him happy.  Cheesy

Also the bluegrass/gospel band I'm in (4 B's and a C....stands for 4 Baptists and a Catholic) are in the beginning stages of recording a CD of our favorite songs.  We're not in it for the money but mostly just to have something that we can pass along to our friends and relatives.  If we play a gig somewhere and sell any, we have decided that any proceeds will go to our church's different ministries.  Pray for us in this endeavor also.  Cheesy

Walk by Faith
2bhumble (Dave)
Jamming For Jesus
Global Moderator

Saved by Grace

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »

That is great Tank. Spies of Jericho is an awesome name. Very cleaver.  Grin

Let us know when you get your bluegrass favorite songs CD done. I might just purchase a copy of that from you.

I will keep you and your band in my prayers that through your music God's kingdom will grow stronger.

Dave

No Jesus--No Peace
Know Jesus--Know Peace

Satan doesn't really care if you are a Christian,
as long as you don't act like one.
mainsail

Melt me, Mold me, fill me, Use me.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »

Go for it Tank. May God bless all your efforts. Keep us informed on the CD project.
 I did something similar with a gospel group several years ago and we at least paid for our studio time and materials. Extra went to church projects and charity.

God never promised us second best.
Larry
Child of God

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 06:54:49 AM »

Sound like the Lord blessed the project in accordance with His will and His timing!  That really sounds awesome Tank.  Be sure to let us know when a CD becomes available, I'm sure there are a few who would like to check it out.

God Bless!
Carl

Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73: 25&26 (NKJV)
tank

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »

Cheesy Thanks guys,  I'll try and keep ya'll posted.  We are supposed to record a couple of scratch tracks tomorrow night so that we'll have something to start with and get the ball rolling.  Pray for us,  and the Spies of Jericho.  With everything going on we kinda been on hold a little, but hopefully that'll change shortly.

Walk by Faith
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: